What I Wore: Easy A

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Easy A" is one of my favorite movies ever. I have an unnatural love for teen movies in general. Once, my best friend and I watched "Ten Things I Hate About You" three times in one day and I can completely quote the entire script. I dragged my husband along with me to see "Easy A" in the theatre and have been obsessed ever since. Now I watch it when I'm folding laundry and the kids are napping and I can organize and watch teen movies and drink Crystal Light in PEACE.

One of the things I love about the movie -- besides the amazing level of sarcasm -- is the clothes! So when I was at the gym yesterday, struggling through a round of lunges, I concocted an outfit idea based on the cute clothes in the movie.

No, not these clothes:


I was thinking more like these, at the beginning of the movie before all the pretend sex happens:


I love the idea of wearing wedges with super skinnies to balance out the look, so I gave it a go and totally loved it!

Photobucket
Tank: WalMart (yeah, you read that right! It was $3 AND I got milk and cleaning supplies. You cannot beat that.)
Boyfriend cardi - American Eagle
Jeggings: F21
Wedges: Tilly's
Earrings: Local craft fair
Bag: Aldo
Scarf: H&M

Of course I didn't want it to be a literal translation because I'm not a misunderstood teenager, so I used a scarf and some serious earrings to make the look a little more suburban mom appropriate.



You MUST see the cuteness level of these wedges. They go with everything I own and they are actually comfortable. Zipper roses? Adorbs without being too cutesy. I love it.


Check out these major earrings that I picked up at a local craft fair on Friday. They are literally six inches long. I love me some feathers all day long. Does it matter that I already have five pairs of feather earrings? NO! These are nude. I don't have any in nude.

FUN STORY TIME! So yesterday I was lounging around, still in my workout clothes. I had plans for the night but not until 6, so I had plenty of time.

Until my daughter's soccer coach called at 4:45pm to remind me of soccer team pictures, happening at 5pm. I had to go into psycho mode to get my daughter into her uniform and me ready from shower to dressed in literally 15 minutes. I am pleased to announce that I was only seven minutes late. Still, even running out the door I had the wherewithal to grab a second pair of shoes because I had to leave straight from the field, but I didn't want to be that mom who comes to soccer practice teetering on heels. I am actually THAT vain.

Thank goodness I used my workout time to think about clothes, otherwise who knows what I would have thrown on. See? It pays to plan things like this!

So I got home around 10:30 pm and made my husband take pictures before we went to bed. He was so happy about it too.

Oh my life.

11 comments:

Charity said...

I have never heard of Easy A, but I am on it, the trailer looks hilarious! By the way I love your outfit, and thanks for helping me decide to wear my hot new wedges with my skinnies!!

Queen Mommy said...

LOVE the zipper shoes! I have a pair of ballet flats with zipper roses on them. So fun! Such a cute movie too. My sister and I are all about teen movies....and 80's teen movies (like Sixteen Candles and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...and of course, Can't Buy Me Love and Say Anything). :~)

Missy said...

I have yet to see Easy A but plan on seeing it as soon as netflix sends it out :) AND I love teen movies, 10 things i hate about you is one of my favs.
I saw another post on these shoes and went to find them and the store you bought them at is sold out, surprise surprise. I plan to stock the store until they are back in stock. I LOVE the tanks :)

Jenna said...

You are so funny. I love those wedges, too!

Jae said...

Oh you girls MUST see Easy A. It is pure awesomeness. Queen, I have a pair of zipper flats too! They have the rose a little off to the side and are so cute. Charity, take a pic when you do!

So the real question is if you've seen the best teen movie of all time... TEEN WITCH!

DLJG said...

Jeanius!

I LOVE that movie, and I always felt GUILTY for rewatching it... But I LOVE to have something playing in the background as I slave away in my castle... Thank you, thank you!!

Oh, and for the clothes... I'm almost convinced skinny jeans aren't of the devil, I might even try some on! :P

Jae said...

DLJG, just take a deep breath and give it a shot. Oh, and go a size up to spare yourself the depression lol. That's my secret when trying them on.

Queen Mommy said...

So, I copied you and wore an outfit inspired by this post today. LOVE! And, my neighbor commented on how I always look so put together and that she needs to go shopping. (I assured her that I'm all about yoga pants and t-shirts if I'm not going anywhere). :~) Anyway, thank you for the inspiration!

Jae said...

Yay Queen! I am a proud blogger today!

Kari said...

I am dying to have that tank top!! I can't believe you got it at Wal-Mart! The whole outfit is way cute!

fashionform said...

you are so cute! I love your style!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.