What I Wore: The Camera Never Lies

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When I first thought up this outfit, it was with my trusty old jeggings. The best part about doing outfit posts is that I actually get to see the clothes on camera through the process. I tried on the outfit that I had planned, took one look at the outfit on the camera's view screen and was like "Ooh, no." Because we all know that when I think I look good and the mirror tells me I look good, the camera will dash all hopes and make me feel like a cow and render me useless and eating ice cream for the rest of the day.

So I ran upstairs to change into new jeans and everything was right with the world again.

Now, I had my 5-year-old daughter taking the pictures again. We had to run to a soccer game before I went out so I wouldn't see my husband in time. Taking pictures with a kindergartner is the most frustrating experience OF MY LIFE. She doesn't understand why she can't jump up and down while lining up the shot and her brother is biting her leg and she really just wants to go play soccer.

Mom of the year.

Anyway, we just spent the week down in Lake Powell, where I wore swimsuits and didn't brush my hair or wear makeup, so it was actually lovely to get back to my rituals at home. As I was blowing out my hair I realized that it is about 50 percent lighter than when it was originally colored, meaning the sun at LP bleached the crap out of it... it also doesn't help that my face is FRIED. I was nervous, but I think I'm getting used to it. It's weird to see myself in the mirror and be like "AH WHO'S THAT!"

Photobucket
Oh! It's just me. In my fall clothes. In 80 degree weather. DEAL WITH IT.

Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch (Emma)
Wrap shirt: Chris and Carol
Cardi: Derek Heart
Boots: Breckelle's (I LOVE THESE)
Rings: Local craft fair and Lia Sophia
Scarf: Buckle

PhotobucketPhotobucket
My daughter calls this "hitting my pose." As in, "Hit your pose, mom!" I don't know when she became such a demanding little stand-in kindergarten photographer.



I love the black, orange and greeny-brown (breen? grown?) of the cardigan together. Bring on colder weather, I have a whole section of my closet that hasn't been used in months!

6 comments:

Beth said...

i am d-y-i-n-g for boot weather. here in az? not so much. lol!

Jenna said...

You're the cutest, Jae. It's still in the 100's here so HUSH.

Jae said...

Oh, you Arizonians! How do you liiiiive. I want snow, immediately. I also have my eye on a new coat and I am trying desperately to justify its purchase considering I was just out wakeboarding like, yesterday.

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

LOVE your outfit! And I LOOOOVE your house! I want one exactly like it!

mcmcolospgs said...

So I'm perusing Amazon for your Breckelles boots and come across this little beaut:

http://www.amazon.com/Breckelles-Pancy-21--7-0-B-Black/dp/B004GISOEG/ref=sr_1_69?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1316635264&sr=1-69

I mean if that isn't fodder for a Friday post, I don't know what is.

Jae said...

mcmcolospgs... I don't even... no. They are definitely making the FF post. I love my Breckelle's, but those are f to the ug.

Hargrove fam, hope you like sawdust. lol. I like my house too, but I will be vacuuming up sawdust until the DAY I DIE.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.