What I Wore: 5'10"

Monday, September 26, 2011

Let's face it. Being short in the fashion world sometimes sucks. I'm a very average 5'4" and certain items of clothing, like jeans, can be hard to find. Why it's so hard to find jeans in lengths like they have for men I'LL NEVER KNOW.

But sometimes, I don't mind the shortness. Especially when I find a new magenta pencil skirt that would probably be a tad short on a taller girl. Seriously, I bought this on Friday afternoon and may have "Squee'd!" when I saw it. Luckily it fit like a glove with no room to spare and was like, $10. $10!!

So, with the power of my fave heels, I rose myself up to a full 5'10". It always wigs my husband out when I'm taller suddenly.

Photobucket

Top: I have no idea... I bought it from Ross in 2007. lol. It's one of my faves because it goes with literally everything I own.
Skirt: Forever21
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Qupid
Earrings: F21
Ring: Inspired Silver
Cuff: Gucci

Anyway, I *almost* wore my zebra shoes with this, but I think I'll use any excuse to wear blue shoes. Ever. THEY'RE BLUE.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This just in: I have a big butt! So it might have fit like a very tight glove but it has spandex! WOO! Also - teeth pic! My husband was like "Smile with your teeth!" And then I would and he'd be like "Why do you look so weird?" Um, thanks.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
My adorable daughter got in for the shot. We inadvertently matched with her blue bow and pink sash. Boom! I pretended like it was on purpose because that's how we roll.

I also did a mini-shop on Friday and bought a new fall pieces that I'm super stoked about. New blazer, anyone? My mom is coming down for a week-long visit tomorrow, so I'm probably going to be heading out with her to do some bank account damage. I'm dying to know what you're looking for fall so I can keep an eye out.

Comment! Comment! Comment! (That's me chanting obnoxiously.)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 those shoes!!

Im looking for a teal (or other bright color) fitted type pea coat.... Something besides plain black. Some low heeled black boots to wear to work (my winter wardrobe footwear staple and last years are literally falling apart), thick off white tights or leggings, and some long sleeved work shirts and t shirts bc my daughter and husband went thru my closet and deemed pretty much all of the long sleeved shirts unacceptable, lol.

Lela

Jae said...

Ooh, a pretty coat! I saw a mustard-color one that I really want and it only had half sleeves. I was thinking pretty coat + vintage gloves for instant prettiness during the winter.

Jenna said...

I might have to go to F. 21 and steal your skirt. Well, I mean buy the skirt but steal your idea.

Jae said...

Jenna, for shame. But seriously. It was $10. Buy two.

Angela said...

A love a pencil skirt anytime... I'm looking for something tweedy for fall that I can wear with patterned tights.

Ashley said...

You have a very nice bum. I feel like a weirdo now...

I'm looking for the perfect riding boots. I'm planning to conquer my fear of skinny jeans tucked in boots.

Jae said...

Ooh, Ashley... let's date.

Er... I mean, you can do it! I conquered my fear and it's just about the only way I wear boots now.

Morgan Hagey said...

I love the skirt! I don't have a big butt but I am weirdly shaped in the middle-ish area after so many babies. I don't think I can do pencil skirts with tucked in tops. Because I'm all bunchy WITHOUT more clothes around my middle...

Amanda said...

I'm 5'9" and it's not much better. Jeans are short, skirts are short and except my wedding dress, which had to be lengthened, I haven't wore a dress since I was about twelve. Sure I could wear them if I was hoochie, but nope, I'm a modest lady.
Oh, and I never got around to commenting on the backwards undies, but really be proud that your bottom fit in the not bottom section. I think I would brag.

Peter and Lindsay said...

I'm 6'...it's very tough for me to find skirts that are long enough, let alone dresses! Even though I'd love to find some cute and easy dresses to wear to church. Dresses with boots always seem fallish to me. I too am working up the nerve to wear skinny jeans and boots...I'm plus size though so I'm nervous about it. But how else am I supposed to show off my super cute boots with jeans?!

Marisa said...

Those are some HIGH heels, I'm 5'4" and I love me some height but I think I would fall over if they were that high. You look skinny in that outfit, you might I think I'm crazy but I wish I had a little more below the belt because it makes your waist look smaller, so enjoy it! I'm looking for some trouser jeans, ways to wear leather jackets and lace (separately or together) without looking skanky, do knee-high boots look good without a miniskirt, and good cuts for blousy floral shirts so you don't look pregnant or sloppy.

Jae said...

Amanda, I Loled about your pride comment. It never occurred to me to brag, but I might start. "Hey y'all, I can wear my undies backwards... jealous?"

ANd yes, I want dresses and boots for fall. With thick tights. I really need too look for some with like, wool and cable-knit patterns!

Marisa, I heart a good leather jacket and am always looking for new ways to wear them. I shall brainstorm!

hospital curtains said...

Hello, this is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting in your blog especially on how to determine the topic. keep up the good work.

Dolly Landrya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maddison said...

You are absolutely right, I am of the same height and finding certain clothing can be a pain. That's a lovely skirt by the way.


polo shirts online

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.