Super Awesome Jewelry Storage

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fans on my Facebook page know that I had a bit of a mishap yesterday. In a fit of feeling Betty Crocker-ish, I went in search of my crockpot to make a full chicken. When I found it, it was at the very tippy top of my cupboards. Unphased, I seized the electrical cord for said crockpot, so I could tip the actual pot down to my level before snagging it. Instead, the thing came crashing down on my FACE and now I have a sore eye. I did have a pretty gnarly swollen black eye afterward, but I think it's gone down. Now it just looks like I'm wearing dark eyeshadow. So pretty.

THIS IS WHY I NEVER COOK.

So, clearly, I'm not all that great at storing cookware. However, jewelry is a different story.

When you don't store your jewelry properly, it hurts a lot less when it lands on your face, but it can also ruin and tarnish a lot easier. I can guarantee half of your jewelry snafus are the result of crappy storage. The other half are the result of your two year old putting your bracelets in the toilet, so I won't judge. Anyhow, I started thinking about ways to store your precious jewels and came up with a few cutesies that I loved online.




Remember this from my friend Charity? I still think it's PERFECT and practically genius. So pretty on a dresser too, you can just leave it out as decor.


How genius are these knobs? They're just mounted to an old board for perfect necklace and bracelet storage. No more knots and yanking on chains! Not that I know what that's like or anything...


This is a rake head. Mind is blown. This is from Country Living magazine. I should do this in my house because it's log and looks pretty with old timey things. But I also love the contrast between the rake and the pretty baubles.


This is my stuff above my dresser. I just tack up my necklaces. If I don't, I totally forget what I even own and don't take full advantage of all of my jewelry. I also use the towel rack in my bathroom to hang my rings, but that's more out of laziness than for storage. Plus it makes me husband mad.


Just avoid creepy storage solutions, like this HAND coming out of a WALL. Fastest way to terrify me at night.

Go forth and organize! Anyone else have any brilliant solutions?

15 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh, I love this! I have my necklaces hanging on the wall in our guest bathroom. I get compliments on it all the time, since it looks like it was my decorating scheme lol

Shell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell said...

Much as I love the rake...It scares me! I'll be the one to trip on a 2 AM bathroom run and fall into it impaling myself onto a tine.

Jae said...

Haha Shell, I feel that way about the hand. Brushing up on it in the middle of the night would be terrifying.

Heather, I love how jewelry on the wall looks so on purpose!

Anna said...

I took an old frame, painted it, put a piece of window screen in for my earrings.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2398454450957&set=a.2398453130924.138208.1538894136&type=1&theater

mcmcolospgs said...

Ok the hand has me giggling like a loon. I think it would be perfect in a guest bath, maybe with a roll of toilet paper on it...or breath mints...lol

Anonymous said...

Instead of the rake, you can use a hanging tie/scarf rack for your necklaces. It looks exactly the same but is way less pointy/dangerous.

I have a piece of that plastic "cross stitch fabric" that I use (like the screen) for my earrings.

Jennifer Wells said...

Kind of on the same topic, do you have any suggestions for hair clips or barrettes, and how to wear them without looking like a five-year-old? I want a little something to dress up my hair, but I don't know what I'm doing.

bequi said...

I am TOTALLY enjoying Christy's blog! Holy cow, she has some cute stuff!!

medical curtains said...

I love to read this type of stuff. Good and attractive information I take from it..Thank you for posting such a nice article.

Dolly Landrya said...

wow i do love all this i really want all this at my home. I love to wear this kind of jewelry.

pioglitazone said...

wow i love the collection of jewelry i want all of them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You guys present there are performing an excellent job.bubblegum casting reviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.