You Are What You Eat

Monday, October 18, 2010


What you eat is probably even more important than exercise. As someone who exercises regularly is almost pains me to say that but...I do believe what you eat makes up about 80% of how you look and feel.

So what does that mean to you?

Well to put is simply, if you eat twinkies and cookies, you are going to look like twinkies and cookies.

Here is a pretty basic description of how it works in your body. A blood cell lasts 60-120 days, that's 2-4 months. In 3-4 months your whole blood supply is completely replaced. In just 6 months almost all of the proteins in your body die and are replaced. And what are they replaced with? They are constructed completely out of the nutrients that you eat.

This is why it is so important to make healthy choices part of your lifestyle. Sure you can eat well for 2 weeks, or go on some crazy diet and lose 7 pounds in a week, but it doesn't do you any good in the long run. You need to do something for at least 2 months before your blood cells are using the healthy food to renew from instead of using the "unwise, unhealthy" food it's used to getting. It takes time, you need to be patient. I know when you want to lose 10 lbs now, be patient can seem next to impossible, but trust me on this.

Slow and steady wins the race in this case.


4 Tips To Shed Pounds Forever!

1. Stop eating Processed food.
This is something you always need to be thinking about. Don't buy anything in a box or package. At first it may seem impossible, but I can assure you its not. When I first started doing this I had to really think about it, but now it comes pretty easily and I don't have to work too hard at it. (FYI, the first week I did this, I lost 6 lbs without doing anything else)

2. Cut the Sugar. This is your absolute worst enemy. Avoid it at all costs. Use honey or fruit to sweeten things.

3. Exercise. Guys, I'm going to be honest, you can't get the body you want without exercising. If you want to get rid of the muffin top, and thunder thighs then stop beating yourself up and set aside 20 minutes everyday for you. I know, I know, you are busy, you have other kids. You know what, everyone is busy, and many people have 2-3 children (some more) but what I hear is mostly excuses. I know everyone has 20 min to spare. See where you are wasting some minutes and start exercising.

4. Drink Water. Most people don't drink enough water. The first sign of this is generally mild headaches. So be sure to drink water with every meal. Your body is made up of mostly water, so it will love you for it.

Committed to your fitness success,

Kelly Parker
www.fitmommakeover.net

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are what you eat! This year, I made a resolution to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. Also, I am learning to cook my own gourmet meals at home. I found a great site where I buy gourmet foods online. When you eat better, you feel better!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.