Freaky Friday Bonus! Vintage Jae

Friday, October 15, 2010

So chatting on Facebook with my brother, because that's what I do with my Friday nights, he posted this VINTAGE family picture of my family, and I thought I'd post it for your enjoyment.




Couple things:
-This was in 1991, and I am seven years old.
-If you're thinking about sending me applications about my single brothers, Jonathan is no longer that chubby, and Ryan has a better haircut and less freckles.
-I used to have a lazy eye, which explains my disinterest in looking at the camera.
-My mom's hair WAS that epic.
-My dad's glasses WERE that large.
-My littlest brother Dallin looks like a tiny alcoholic politician with those suspenders.
-WE LOVED COLLARS.

I'd also like to point out that we're not matching, so we were clearly ahead of the pack on that one.

8 comments:

Arienette said...

Aww, no, be fair to mini-Jae. One of her eyes IS looking at the camera!

Jae said...

It was a good try, little righty. Maybe next time you'll look at the camera!

It explains the purple bifocals that I'm always talking about. I would hide them around the house before kindergarten and my dad would find them and bring them to me at lunch. Embarrassing!

Unknown said...

I think Ryan was in my class (for the first time) then - grade 2?
You all look so cute!

Charity said...

Just how I remember you guys! Awww. I had huge glasses when I was in grade 5, and I always took them off at school. I even traded someone in my class for hers (we quickly realized our mistake).

Shari said...

My mom used to put me in dresses with the bib-looking panel on the front. Even then I felt like it looked weird. I'm glad it wasn't just me!

And the pressure is on for our family pics, because they're coming up on the 30th! AAAAAGH!!

Jennifer Wells said...

Oh, this is adorable, I love it.

The baby looks like your son, and I can see more clearly that your daughter looks just like you!

Unknown said...

Ohh the joys of family pictures! The worst family picture for my dad's side was one where we all were told to "sit down, shut up, and look like you like each other..." Talk about a bad day for pictures!! Hard to get 8 kids to all smile nice when they are all crabby.

Anonymous said...

AAH This is so funny. it was clear at work that i was NOT working b/c I had to laugh out loud.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.