Judge Away!

Friday, October 22, 2010

So no Freaky Friday today, I just got our family pictures back and want to show them instead. SO VAIN, I probably think this post is about me.

Anyway, I did want to show you that family pictures don't have to be so matchy matchy. We all dressed differently, but I think it turned out very cohesive. Also, I chose to dress us in the colors of our house, so that when I hang these up, they match my decor. Most of the paint colors in our house are tan and a green so dark it's almost black. Then I have a red wingback chair that I like to try and match too. Hence the colors I used in pictures. (Click on the pics for the better versions. The small ones in blogger kinda suck)



Aww this doesn't show colors so well, but it shoes that our clothes did translate nicely into black and white. Oh, and the fact that I made my husband wear his jacket so I could wear my new leather lovely. Also, heels were a good call because my husband is actually 8 inches taller than me in real life.


Me and the kids. So candid! lol. I really do like how the red pops on the natural elements of the pictures. Always a solid choice.


Aww, le family. I think having my daughter wear something other than jeans broke up the whole denim pattern and I highly recommend it. Unless you only have boys. Because that would make for some epensive therapy.


Yay look at us! My shirt was actually dark green but you can't really tell. I just didn't want my husband to feel left out wearing green. I'm nice like that.



Oh so casual.


So, I'd like to think all of the time I put into thinking about picture outfits has paid off for me in the end. I'm totally happy with the colors and how everything turned out. See? I practice what I preach!

15 comments:

Joy said...

The photos turned out great! I wouldn't have thought to wear the dark green shirt but I like how it turned out

Jenna said...

Those are great! You're seriously hot. Girl crush!

Bronzed Humanity said...

Awww really cute...what a happy smiling family!
xx
http://hotpinkday.blogspot.com/

Maggie said...

They look awesome! You guys looks great!

I have a question about heels. I used to wear heals before I met my husband but now that I'm married I don't know if it's taboo or not to wear them because I'm 2 inches taller than him. I'm 5'9" and he's 5'7". So do I just get over it and rock the heels or is it weird if I wear them because of our height difference. Oh and I'm referring to when I'm with him in a public setting.

Thanks for your help! And I absolutely LOVE your blog! :D

HollyElise said...

Love it!!

I love your daughter's grin in the brick-background photo, so cute!

Oh yeah the outfits - I love the pops of red against the darker blues and greens :)

@Maggie - if you're comfortable with it and he's comfortable with it, I say Go For It and rock the heels :)

Beth said...

So cute, but I would never let my husband wear a baseball hat in our pix! How did he get away with that?

I really like how well it all looks without being matchy. I am hanging my head because our last pictures were white tops and tan bottoms.

You are inspiring me to ask Santa for new family pictures.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I have to know though... how come you never smile showing teeth? Is there some rule I should know or something?

Jae said...

Maggie, if you're comfortable with it, I say go for it. Or if you feel weird, kitten heels or pointy flats would work the same too.

This is going to come out vain... but if I smile with teeth my dimple doesn't show. Bahahaha. I really super love my dimple.

Beth - Some pics were with the hat, some without. He did talk me into it by saying he wanted our pics to look natural and he ALWAYS wears a hat so I gave in on a bunch of pics.

Thanks for the confidence booster girls. I SO stressed about those dang pictures. You spend so much money on them that there's so much pressure! lol

Jae said...

PS Jenna the feeling is mutual! lol.

Anonymous said...

The photos turned out great! You have a gorgeous family and your styling was perfect for the shoot. I'm wondering why you wrote that if you only have boys you'll need expensive therapy. I was saddened by that comment because I have a boy and one day may have "all boys." Although I would love to have a girl I may not be able to have one. Maybe you didn't mean for it to be a negative comment but I just felt sad reading it.

Carly said...

@Anonymous-Jae made the comment in regards to a boy wearing tights and a dress to break up the denim look. THAT would make for some expensive therapy. ;)

Jae-sexy as always. I too wondered about the hat. There's no way in H I would let my husband wear a hat for family pictures, but then I saw how you explained it so I can see why you gave in. haha.

Unknown said...

I'm going to like majorly step in here, but the only boys comment (I think) had to do with if you made one wear a dress to break up the all jeans.

Okay totally LOVE the leather jacket. Where do I get one??

Jae said...

Yeah the boys comment was about the tights. Trust me... I have only brothers, and I only need a *little* therapy lol.

Megan - It's a Guess jacket and I bought it at the Anniversary Sale this year at Nordstrom. I've basically been waiting four months to wear it. lol.

Carrie I. said...

You guys look adorable! I love the red shoes :)

Unknown said...

www0817
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren uk
dsquared
canada goose jackets
ugg boots clearance
polo lacoste
moncler outlet
michael kors outlet
superdry clothing
ugg boots clearance

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.