Freaky Friday: Croc Mutations

Friday, April 2, 2010

So one of my awesome readers (Hi, Lisa!) sent me a great pic that she snapped while out shopping of this horrible little Croc-seersucker abomination and it made me want to go see what the folks at Croc were up to when it came to the design of new Crocs. And since they can't leave well enough alone, there was plenty to choose from.


*Shudder) WHY.


The Crocs are mutating!! Actually, I feel like this one looks like Darkwing Duck:


Hahaha... how do I even remember Darkwing Duck? Those must have been my impressionable cartoon years.


WHY do they want to keep thinking of new ways to use plastic to make your feet ugly? These look like a chew toy.


These are new, feminized version of Crocs. Oh yeah, my husband would be ALL over those. "Hey Jae. I love the way those shoes make your cankles more pronounced. RAWR!"


You know what is feminizing? FURRY PLAID. Why would you do this to an already mannish shoe? Like, I like it... but is it lumberjacky enough?


This is in case someone doesn't know what kind of shoe you're wearing. Probably because they were living on another planet, or were encased in ice for thousands of years and resurrected by two plucky California teens. Oh wait, that's the plot of Encino Man, isn't it? HEY EVERYONE, I'M WEARING CROCS!


These were billed as shoes for the office. What office do you work at where plastic footwear is an acceptable part of the dress code? And what the is wrong with actual mary janes? Are they really that uncomfortable that you NEED them in croc form? My four year old wears mary janes. You can handle it.

Also, did you see the teeth shoes over on the fanpage? So terrifying.

Keep the Freaky Friday-spotting coming! I love seeing what people find out and about. My friend Morgs once texted me a picture of GOLD knock off Uggs. It was so bad, but it totally made my day.

8 comments:

Lisa Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Jones said...

those weren't even real crocs. they were dr. scholl's brand. i wish i remember how much they were. They also had them in neon pink and orange. I however found the teal more putrid. They reminded me of a hospital for some reason. I'm sure some grandmother (no offense g-mas) thought these were cute...lisa

ps-i forgot to add this to my original comment, please note my new express clutch/wristlet hiding in the corner of the photo. $8 at the local resale shop...
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/H3D2j5gOaqSzts9n_ZOawg?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6jvLCLnvKneA&feat=directlink

SuziQ said...

As if "normal" Crocs aren't bad enough? Ugh.

stephiloo said...

Dad has the furry ones... he wears them around the house.
He used to wear his black ones in public so mom and I confiscated them and switched them out for hot pink. He hasn't worn them outside of the garden yet... but I'm sure someday I will be "the girl whose father grocery shops in hot pink crocs and a woman's sunhat."

Jae said...

Ahhh cute clutch! I covet!! Python makes me so happy.

Steph - It's probably something off in genes ;) Tell Uncle Roy I disapprove of his footwear choices. lol.

Quirky Jessi said...

Lmao! You're so right about the Darkwing Duck bit. Gah!

Entrepreneurial Interviews said...

LOL!!! LMAO about Darkwing Duck! :D Found your site through one of my tweeps. Great post!

bequi said...

You're not alone with the Darkwing Duck thing. Also, I have the theme song as a ring tone.

Darkwing Duck! Let's get dangerous!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.