Glammy Gifts on the Cheap

Thursday, December 17, 2009

With Christmas being a lot tighter this year for most people, you might not have as much cash as you want to spend on your friends and fam. Plus, you've always got those random people that you can never figure out what to buy for... your mom, sis, best friend, whatever.

Likewise, if your husband sucks as bad as mine does when it comes to buying Christmas presents (they are always good, but he is totally one of those sad guys running around at 11pm on Christmas Eve), giving him a few ideas of things you'd like can give him a hand so that you can actually spend Christmas Eve TOGETHER.

So, with that in mind, I think some good suggestion for cheap gift ideas are in order. I'd tell you to look in your latest Cosmo for ideas, but don't you hate when they are like hey! It's a steal! And it's really like, $150? SO DEPRESSING.

But, you CAN find some glam gifts for your friends, or to give to your husband to give to you and act surprised for under $20. Observe!



Arden B. Bib style necklace - $18



So I love a flower brooch, sue me. Anthropologie - $18



Hooray for crazy cool tights! F21 - $5



Perfect sparkly topper: Styles For Less: $15. I might be buying this because I love it so deeply.

Who wouldn't want an awesome red snakeskin clutch? Seriously! F21 - $15



I am obsessed with vintage-looking hair clips right now. This one is cute without being crazy and weird. Wet Seal - $4



Take that, chilly night! I shall be warm AND look stylish. Booyah. Delias - $20


Awesome. Ring. Miss Selfridge: $16



These shoes rock my world. Might not be the best for winter, but who wouldn't love to open SHOES on Christmas morning? Especially sequined ZEBRA shoes. F21 - $11



These earrings look rich, but don't break your poor little Christmas bank account. American Eagle - $12

So repeat after me. Gifts do not have to be expensive to be fashionable. And fashionable items are the gifts that keep on giving. Because first, you give them and feel good. Then the recipient gets them and is happy. Then she wears them, and the world is a more beautiful place. Soon enough, peace on earth. See how that happens?

OMG I think I just solved all of the world's problems! Moral of the story? Fancy cheap gifts = world peace. Hooray!

6 comments:

Chavah Kinloch said...

Love everything here but especially that red snake skin purse. LOVE! I'm expecting a handmade necklace that I suggested (ok demanded but it's just because he's pretty bad with the gift giving)

Jenna said...

Jae, we have a problem. I went to F. 21 the other day to get some funky patterned tights to wear to my sister's wedding in a few weeks --- YA, they were OUT. I almost punched the sales clerk.

So word to the wise: If you were planning on getting patterned tights at Forever 21, it might be too late. :(

Jae said...

Jenna, NOOOOO! At my Utah one there was still plenty. Did you try Charlotte Russe?

Morgan Hagey said...

Very fancy Jae! Too bad I'm reading this at 9:25pm on Christmas Eve. :)

enterrement vie de jeune fille Paris said...

jolie choix d'accessoires, jolie broch.
Lilou

bizen Paris said...

Nice, I love everything.
Lena

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.