Black Friday Spoils

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hey guys! I'm back from the shopping abyss that is the Black Friday weekend. On the actual Friday, I usually stick to buying stuff for my family only, because it makes me feel greedy to go out at 4 am to buy things for myself. But on Saturday, it's my husband's family's tradition to go shopping in Salt Lake sans children, and so all bets were off. Turns out, when you don't have kids with you, you can try on ever so much clothing and subsequently buy it all. We went to a few department stores, and then hit the mall with the giant, double decker Forever 21 and I was in LOVE!

Anyways, as promised, here are some of the things I picked up!


I bought this tunic in red to wear with skinny jeans and flats. I was thinking it would be a good choice for a casual holiday party or just shopping around. It's so soft!



This shirt breaks my horizontal stripe rule, but it fits like a glove and I have a weakness for boat necks. So I bought it anyway and plan on wearing it today to bring my baby to the doctor's office. It's an errand running shirt! Sadly, I only bought two things from the giant F21. It was the first store in the mall we went to and I felt like I had to pace myself.


I lo-hove this vintage leather jacket from Sears. The frills complete my life and the tie makes my waist look teensy. Can you imagine this with some dark jeans and a pointy heel? Perfect. It will officially be my date night jacket. Especially because I own two other leather jackets that are similar. I didn't want this to fit because I knew I would buy it if it did. Alas, it was just my size.

Got this cuteness to wear with a pencil skirt. The shape is awesome and totally flattering. I am all about faking a perfect body with well cut clothes. I also found this at Sears, alons with the world's ugliest sock monkey for my baby. I'm so excited!!


Bought this one at Kohls to wear with my jeans and cowboy boots. I love me a banded shirt. See the thick band at the bottom? It brings the shirt in tight so that the rest of the shirt totally camouflages everything. Plus, the random pattern is good too.


My sister in law and I agreed that this shirt was "weird" but that I had to wear it anyway. I wore it with boot cut jeans and flats while we made Christmas stockings, and it was just right for casual wear; cute but flowy and comfortable.


I made the people at Charlotte Russe strip this cardigan off the mannequin I loved it so much. It's sparkly! And has a rose pin! And is red!! Already declared it my official formal holiday party sweater. I wore it already, unbuttoned with the shirt below and a gray pencil skirt. I was in love.


Most flattering shirt OF LIFE. Also from Charlotte Russe, check out the paneling. It totally fakes it like your body is within the tiny stripe of flat fabric inside the ruching. And if it matters at all, this was my husband's favorite item. Which is saying a lot, because when I came home with all of those shopping bags I may have had to restart his heart.

I also picked up a few basic items, a few tanks, an argyle sweater (ARGYLE!!) and some well fitting tees. All in all I am very happy with myself.

Did anyone else brave the crowds for their own selfish pleasure and get some good stuff?

4 comments:

mushbelly said...

I may just have to go get that white shirt. So pretty.

And who knew Sears would have such great clothes? When I think of Sears I think of screwdrivers and appliances. I guess there really is a softer side to Sears.

Jae said...

Mush, I know right? We are dragged there annually with my DHs grandmother, so I usually wander off. This year I totally scored and was like best idea ever, Grandma!

Manda said...

I went to the outlet mall, and it was awesome. Banana Republic had 50% off everything, and J crew 40% off everything. It was bad. I've been apologizing to Jon ever since :)

I love that white shirt too, and the red sweater. And the weird green one.

Jennifer Wells said...

Nah. There are good sales all the time, I don't feel like fighting a crowd.

Yes, I'm a wet blanket.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.