Maternity Monday: Winter Wedding

Monday, January 4, 2010

So sorry for the hiatus, guys! Between buying a house, becoming enormously pregnant and eating my weight in holiday goodies, I've been so busy. Blogging has kind of taken a back seat.

But alas, I am back.

Last week, my little sis took the plunge and got hitched. Yay! But, I admit I was a little stressed about my hugely pregnant self being in all those wedding pictures. And furthermore, I didn't want to be "the pregnant sister who wore her only denim skirt, Coleman tent top and Birks" to the wedding. No. I wanted to be "the pregnant sister who looked smokin'." So, I knew I had to put a totally bangin' outfit together and then, I'd feel awesome about myself the entire day. And folks, that is precisely what I did.

Behold:

(click to enlarge)

Headband: Icing, $5.99
Rosette flower clip: boutique, $8.00
Pearls: Forever 21, $3.80
3/4 Sleeve Dress: Motherhood Maternity, $29.98
Patterned tights: Wet Seal, $7.50
My favorite black Mary Janes in the world: Payless (American Eagle), $22.99 (Disclaimer --I got them last season so I'm not sure if they're still around. But they are the most comfortable AND cute heeled Mary Jane shoe ever. My feet didn't hurt until about 10 pm!)

See? It IS possible to look cute for a wedding while pregnant, AND to be comfortable.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

6 comments:

Beth said...

You have to stop being so cute with your belly! I have a four month old, and you make me want to get pregnant again!

Your tips are great though. I was such a frump with my first pregnancy and was miserable. With my second I worked on myself more and got dressed in more than sweats (most days) and felt so much better!

mushbelly said...

Yup - you look smokin'. Love those patterned tights

Jessi said...

"See? It IS possible to look cute for a wedding while pregnant, AND to be comfortable."

You're right! That outfit is absolutely perfect! <3

enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

Gorgeous
Lilou

enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

Gorgeous
Lilou

enterrement vie de jeune fille said...

Perfect outfit for the both situation.
Lena

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.