Weighing In: Crocs

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This post goes out to Carly.

The only ONLY ONLY time you are allowed to wear Crocs is if you need to for work, like my dear friend Morgan, who is a Doula. Then I am all about their hypoallergenic properties. All of my docs and nurses wore them while I was hanging out in the hospital, and I was grateful that they left their germy keds at home. Except for my perinatologist who whore some fly wingtips and I thought he was kind of awesome for it. Also your children may wear them on the beach if necessary.

But as casual footwear? Boo! You can do better than that! I don't even like them as garden shoes. Like really, was there that big a problem with gardening footwear in general? For the love of pete. And as for their "slip on" ease, BUY SOME FLATS! Flip flops even!


And don't you dare buy charms to put in the holes. I swear, just give me the money you want to spend on Croc charms and I will find a better use for it. Like putting it in Chrysler stock.


Here is me weighing in on the different styles of Crocs.


Original. No.


Furry. No.



Sandals. No.



Dressed up. No. Remember kids, a pig in a tuxedo is still a pig.


Heels! No. Remember the Batboy post last year?



And in a trick played on me by the universe, CROC GLADIATOR SANDALS. NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why? WHY would someone do this to me? No. No.


Hope that clears things up for you.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

What about pregnant and working retail? I only wear mine with pants though...I'm not allowed to wear flats :(

Valerie said...

Thank you for posting this! I cannot stand Crocs! I won't even put my toddler in them! Ick...

eight muddy feet said...

Crocs are so ugly!!

Except for nurses, they should not be worn by the general public.

They were at Costco on my last trip in all different colors, my only thought was,
"Oh no, now unsuspecting people will buy them that wouldn't otherwise because they're cheap and easily accessible at Costco, poor lost souls!!"

Carly said...

hahah! YES! Have I told you lately that I love you Jae? lol.

Okay okay Morgs I guess it's cool if you wear Crocs. Quite frankly if I'm in a hospital or having a baby then someone's shoes are the LAST things on my mind. ha ha.

Love it.

Lisa S. Luckey said...

I agree with you. All though I do wear them in the shower at the pool, but that's the only place I wear them, because I don't want my feet touching the floor there.

I come out of the pool, go to my locker, get the crocks out, take a shower and when I come out and get dressed they go right back in my locker.

A.Pandina said...

So funny, I hate them too!

Morgan Hagey said...

Hee hee, I really truly have given them up entirely except for work, I really really have!

Tera said...

Can I tell you that my husband asked me if the kids needed new flips for the summer while he was out shopping and I said yes - he came home with three pairs of crocs for my children. Uggg - I was so "thankful" for him helping me out with that. I have mysteriously *lost* one pair of my toddlers and working on the others. But they are so huge and colorful, it's hard to hide them. Super yuck.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.