My wallet may be empty but my closet is full...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sooo I went shopping this weekend. Every few months I break down and do a big fat shop where I go a little out of control. I contend that it is good for the soul. And seriously, can we say Memorial Day Sale?

Anyways, I got some amazing deals so I thought I'd share them on here. I guess its my equivalent of coming home with all of my shopping bags and saying "OMG, you HAVE to see what I got."



Easily my best find of the weekend. Large Guess bag, originally $90, on sale for $35. WOO! I was looking for a large, multipurpose bag that could double as a diaper bag, but would still be awesome for just going out. I was using a Guess satchel as my every day bag, bug the shape was bothering me. Anyways, I LOVE THIS to an inordinate degree, and even my husband agreed that it was a good one. And he hates me spending money, so that's a big deal.





This Banana Republic shirt. I love Banana Republic for really classic business-casual wear, and this shirt will look awesome with some long dark jeans and a point heel. Because of the awesome neckline, it'll only need earrings to accesorize. I love things that make outfits effortless.



I have a bad habit of finding something I like, and then buying it in like 4 different colors. I love this Old Navy shirt. The way it fits is awesome, it has an interesting braided neckline so it isn't boring. Its perfect for everyday, grocery shopping, carpooling days.



How killer are these shoes? Originally $60, I scored them for $20. I love snakeskin on shoes, its much more understated than say, a leopard print, and it works like a neutral. Plus, a wedge is so EASY. Can't wait to try these with a summer skirt or skinny jeans.



Love these flat disc earrings. I cut my hair shorter, (I have a rule: if I find myself putting my hair in a pony like, 4 out of 5 days, my hair gets cut.) and I love wearing awesome earring with short hair. These are fun enough to wear casually, but get dressed up easily too.


So that was my shopping trip. Well, I also bought some stuff for my husband and kids, but you don't really need to see all that. And a pretzel. Can't go shopping without a pretzel, unless of course there is a Cinnabon in the vicinity.


So how about you? Score any good finds lately?

7 comments:

Ruby - BetterMommyFashions said...

Love the shoes! I went shopping this weekend but all I got were things for my baby's playroom...

danielle said...

It was my birthday yesterday so of course I hit up the sales and did a LOT of shopping. Again, you'd be proud. I got an awesome lightweight jacket that was originally $280 for only $30. I LOVE TJ MAXX!!!

Diamond said...

Can anyone wear a shirt like the Banana Republic one you showed? I don't even know what they are called. I had one, but never felt like the neck/front gathered right. What is the secret?

Jenna said...

I love your blog, Jae!

Got an amazing pair of chocolate brown Gianni Bini pumps at Dillards for $23.70 (regularly $79). STEAL. So hot, too.

-Jenna aka jennabohenna from BBC :)

Holly Dart said...

hi jae!

So are you going to tell us where you got the steal-of-a-deal shoes or leave us wondering?

Jae said...

YAY for good deals! Ugh, like it is making me want to go shopping again.

Diamond, It's considered a cowl neckline. About wearing it, don't wear it with anything else. Keep it really plain. And don't mess around with it... let it fall the way it falls. Keep the rest of the outfit subdued.

The shoes are from Chinese Laundry! I found mine at Famous Footwear, but I believe Nordstrom, Macey's and Dillards carry Chinese Laundry too.

enterrement vie de garçon said...

Pas mal.
Lilou

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.