Putting It Together - The Super Hot Date Night Jean

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

K, so its not secret that I love to get dressed up. When I'm not hanging around in my WWF t-shirts, I am totally all gussied up in my finery. Honestly, I just like the way it feels when you're like "Oh hey, Mirror. Whatcha doin? Reflecting my hotness? That's pretty cool."

And you get the strut. You know what I'm talkin bout. The special walk reserved for when you look good and you know people are looking at you. If you're reading this, its probably because your a mom and that means you have a husband or significant other that you've had around for quite some time. My husband and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary this year, and we've been together for 7. Yeah. It is WAY too easy to fall into the old go out for pizza/watch a movie that may or may not be animated because you have kids with you/ go home and fall asleep date night. I have two words for that.

THATS LAME.

Why not surprise your guy with a real date night this weekend? You know, the kind where you get a babysitter, head out to a place you've never tried before, do something fun. Even if its just walking around the mall *ahem*togoshopping*ahem*, dress up to do it in your hot date night jeans. Spark a little somethin somethin.

And because I love you, I'll you a sweet look and a spicy look, so you can adjust depending on where you're headed off to.
















K, Sweet. Start off with this retardedly adorable shirt from Forever21. Love it...its sleek but super feminine. Then you add your date jeans and a super simple shoe because the top is so ornate. Go easy on the accessories when you really want the top to stand out. Its so pretty it practically is an accessory. I love metallic with black, so we've got a vintage clutch by Letty Designs and earrings that reflect the lace from Charlotte Russe. That's it.




















K here's a bit of a spicier look. This is pretty typical of something I would wear out. The shirt is really simple and plain but cut well. That means you can do more in the way of really cute shoes (MakeMeChic.com), a seriously layered necklace and rock star ring (F21) and of course, a clutch. I love this one's texture, and the fact that its a monochromatic shade of the top, but isn't matchy to anything else.
So! Your mission this weekend is: 1) buy hot clothes 2) go on a non lame date.
Return and report.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!

Chavah Kinloch said...

Love these outfits Jae!

Crystal said...

That's hot! I need me a hot date night out fit. Must... Spend... Money...

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Where did you find that red shirt?

Anna@Exasperation said...

Where is that red top from? I NEED IT!

Jae said...

Here you go girlies! http://www.gojane.com/29474-tops-ribbed-keyhole-back-top.html

And its only $17. Nice!

veruscio said...

But I've read this article on Monday! I'm late, such a pity! I'll try this weekend, I promise!

Trace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Please do a fuller figured post! I would love to hear your ideas for what us fat chicks should and shouldn't be doing! PLEEEEEEASE!

mushbelly said...

Love all your posts and advice. You have totally sold me on the clutch idea - and I loved the post a few posts back about the denim wardrobe. This is my question though. I really want a pair of skinny jeans, but I'm not sure I have the body for them. I have a very curvy figure. I'm not fat or even plus sized - but I've got some booty and some thighs. So can girls with booty wear skinny jeans?

Nicole said...

Okay, I'm even more determined to get in better shape and be that hot mommy for my honey! Thanks and keep it up!!

enterrement vie de célibataire said...

I like your blog. This is a good way to dressed up this nice jean.
Lilou

Unknown said...

www0817
true religion outlet
coach outlet
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
adidas yeezy
christian louboutin sale
coach outlet
jordans
longchamp handbags
louboutin shoes

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.