What I Wore: Check-In

Monday, February 23, 2015

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your kind words and support from the last post. As usual, the entire month of February is kicking my butt, so we've been busy birthday-ing, taking a blink-and-you'll-miss-it getaway, and tons of other stuff. I still have another birthday this week. Help me.

But I still thought I'd check in. If you're not following on IG, please do, because I'm still posting outfits and weird stuff I find while shopping over there. And if you don't have IG, might I submit this opinion: While I learn to hate people on Facebook, I learn to love them on IG. It's so much nicer when people can't post and argue about politics and vaccines. It's just pretty pictures. Seriously, I resisted IG for so long and now it's my faaaaavorite.

I wore this yesterday: 
Top: H&M (here) I have this top in two different patterns and one solid and they are fantastic. Fit very true to size and just airy while still being a smidgen structured. Wrap tops 4 lyfe. 
Skirt c/o modbod eons ago (here's an uber cheap one) (textured like mine) (this one's also pretty)
Shoes: F21 and they hurt like a mother (here but you've been warned)
Rings: Coach (similar)

I had to leave church because I had a migraine so I ran home for some Imitrex and spent the rest of the time in a drug-induced fog. And yet, I still managed to stay upright in these shoes, which I feel like is a huge accomplishment. 

This was last week, where I decided that an all-lace dress was a little sweet. This oversized moto jacket has been, hands-down, one of my fave purchases of the year so far (YES I AM AWARE it's only February).
Dress: Dorothy Perkins (this one is super pretty) (and this would look so cute with a jacket too)
Jacket: Calvin Klein (here)
Boots: Dollhouse (here)

I also realized that I had a version of this dress when I was in high school. My mom told me I couldn't wear it to a dance because it was too short, so I packed it in my bag and changed at my friend Graham's house like I was on a friggin' episode of Full House. 

That's me in the white, obviously. And now I look at that dress and am like seriously how was that too short I mean honestly. 

Also, my friends are the most adorable. 

Besides taking pictures of myself and hosting birthday parties, we ran down to St. George for a couple of days to get warm. My relaxation level was at a 1000, clearly:

My cup of Crystal Light and my Kindle. That's all I'll ever need. 

I got through three books. My husband told me that my biggest problem is that to relax, I need to physically leave the house, otherwise I'll just work. 
Also, if you're looking for a recommendation and happen to be a massive Margaret Atwood fan like myself, Station Eleven was superb. Seriously, I'm not a post-apocalyptic doomsdayer AT ALL but I'm still thinking about it. 

While in St. George, I went shopping and found things like this, which made me wonder if I had stumbled upon a clown colony.  


On Saturday night, you could totally find me doing this. Because I could. 

I'll be playing catch up for another week or so, after which I might be able to return a pseudo normal posting schedule. I'm hoping that, at the very least, we sneak in an outfit post and a Freaky Friday each week. 

Again, you guys are the totally the best ever for putting up with me!

6 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

And yet, I'm still the one who comments the same day that you post something.

I love your shoes. I may purchase a pair of booties soon. That means that they're on their way out, so enjoy yours while you can.

I resist a lot of social media because I feel annoyed, like, "Oh, really? So I need Facebook AND Instagram AND Twitter AND Pinterest AND...."

I'm signing up today.

Unknown said...

Yay!! I'm pathetic, but I check every morning and for some reason just decided to check and there you are. You crack me up! And I agree about instagram, just too lazy to download and start mine up again...it will happen

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a hussy you were wearing such an immodest dress! I feel sorry for your children! ;)

Jae said...

Nora, you know I love you! And I feel that way about social media too. And especially Twitter. Ugh I'm so bad at it and I find it to be so self promoting for some reason? LOL.

Laura, YAY for checking. And please do. I love me some IG.

Rebecca, I feel like my mom was overreacting on that one JUST A LITTLE. Which is weird because it was literally the first and last time she ever said anything to me about clothes. What can I say? I'm a rebel.

Allison Hill said...

St George has weird fashion. I lived there for my senior year of high school and it was messed up. So glad to read a post!

wangjingping said...

Wholesale Club Dresses
Club Dresses

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.