What I Wore: Festive Frigid

Monday, December 9, 2013

Global warming my eye!

Growing up in Canada, I was no stranger to the cold. I grew up right on Lake Ontario, which meant we got ice storms and really wet snow like, every day in the winter. My older brother had a car that we lovingly called the Ratmobile that lacked a working defroster, so my job was to sit up front and wipe down the windshield while he blasted Beastie Boys all the way to school.

Oh, memories.

When I moved to Utah, I found that winters to be unbelievably mild. In comparison the Great White North, winters here are super short and pretty warm. Like, I barely ever wear a jacket warm. So I feel like my hardy Canadian body has lowered its defenses over time.

And this last week has been SO COLD. I barely left the house all week because I just couldn't deal with it. And when I did leave the house, my poor SUV was struggling. Because did I mention we also got 18 inches of snow? Because we totally did.

So EXCUSE ME if I only got properly dressed like, once and ended up looking like a lumberjack. What else was I supposed to do?



Vest (how glad am I that these are back in again?): JCPenney (here) (similar) (similar)
Chambray: A store in Canada that starts with Urban but I can never remember the rest 
Pants: Almost Famous (here) (maternity I die!)
(I seriously want to invest in another pair of Fryes, so I'm on the prowl. I wear these so much, especially when it's all slushy and gross outside. Do you have a favorite? I feel like there's so much pressure to pick the perfect ones!)

Anyway, my frigid clothes ended up looking kinda festive with all the green and red. And I'm OK with that. Because if it's going to be freezing, I'm glad there's at least a little snow to make it feel Christmas-y, too.

But seriously. Like, above 0 would be handy right about now. I only have so many puffy vests. And by "so many" I mean two.

5 comments:

bashashhazbaz said...

maybe santa can bring you another puffy vest! :) you look nice!

Jennifer Wells said...

It's been very cold here, but hardly any snow! I know that some people would want to slap me for complaining, but it adds so much light. Then I make recipes for Swedish food. Which is pretty awesome. Lingonberries ahoy!

Jae said...

Swedish food!? That's awesome. I don't mind the snow at all. It's the coldness that suuuuucks. It's supposed to get warmer by the end of the week and the shallow part of me is happy because I have parties to go to and I don't want to have to dress like a snowman.

IandS said...

I love that vest SO much I went to order it straight away but they are all out of my size :( I must clear my calendar and get to a JC Penney's asap!!!!
And yes, I luuuuurve the snow :)

Jae said...

It might be cheaper in store! I got mine on Black Friday for like, $10. I also tried the white on as well and it was super cute. If it helps, this one is M (they didn't have a S) and it's roomy but really comfy.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.