What I Wore: Confessions

Monday, December 16, 2013

One more week to get everything done -- and I'm soooo close. Just some odds and ends left now.

Meanwhile, our party season is in full swing over here. I like to have a few outfits in my back pocket so I can get ready reaaaaallly fast after a crazy busy day. Confession: I've worn this one for parties twice this season, so don't tell anyone because it's a rare occurrence. Most recently I wore it to a Christmas dinner with the girls I volunteer with at the hospital. I ate a ton and laughed so hard I thought I was going to be sick which is basically my gauge for any good night.


What am I doing with my hand here? I don't know. 
Jacket: Steve Madden (super cheap) (similar piping) (pretty!)
Jeans: c/o Liverpool Jeans - Abby fit (here)
Boots: F21 (similar) (pretty cheap!) (love the buckle)

Sorry about the pic... I waited too long and lost the light so it sucks more than usual. 

Also, another confession? I bought these boots on a whim but didn't love them because they had a cuff at the top, which looked kind of pirate-y. Then I had a stroke of genius and clipped the threads that held the cuff down and unfolded them and now I wear them daily - they have a wedge heel which is awesome for elongating the leg and still making it possible to walk on crappily shoveled sidewalks.

Third confession: I'll probably wear this again before the year is up. Not today though -- I'm having lunch with friends and then I have a doctor's appointment which means it's sloppy clothes for me, hooray! 

Have any Christmas confessions for me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so nice!

I think boots are my favorite type of footwear, period. When something beautiful is also practical and easy, well, that's just lovely.

bashashhazbaz said...

looking snazzy!

Jae said...

Thanks, friends. Nora, seriously. My only gripe is that they're super annoying to store! My boot collection is a mess because they're all so big and I never know what to do with them. I should probably check Pinterest, huh? Lol!

Wendy said...

Confession: I haven't decorated yet. Our tree isn't even up.

Anonymous said...

It's like Pinterest is the ultimate app for solving problems. I have some really beautiful sweaters that have unfortunately fallen victim to moths. Pinterest has a ton of suggestions for what to do with the fabric, and it's easy stuff, too, like making a sweater blanket.

Jae said...

Wendy, you're my hero. By now, just buy a coffee table one and call it good. lol. I love having Christmas up, but it comes down like, two days after it's finished because I also like having my house back.

Nora, my friends and I all wonder how people lived before Pinterest. Seriously... you had to be independently creative and I SUCK at that.

Unknown said...

what i can say about these boots really looked amazing and loved
Argan Oil Wholesale

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.