What I Wore: Too Busy

Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm headed to the Great White North tomorrow bright and early, so today is a laundry, packing, find birth certificates, passports and green cards, buy stuff to make my kids be quiet on the plane, tie up loose ends kind of day. Also, my hubs bought me an iPad over the weekend, so I also have big plans to download all manner of brain-decaying cartoons onto it for the flight tomorrow. I have a firm "parenting rules don't apply at 30,000 feet" rule when we're flying. I'm all about tons of junk food and cartoons to survive.

I hopped out of bed at 6 and have been going full-steam since then, but I'll take a sec to update the blog because I'm just organized like that. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to think of a cutesy name for today so you're just gonna have to deal.


Photobucket
Tiered top: Local (My Sister's Closet I really have to stop shopping there)
Jeans: Local (Contagious)
Cardi: Love on a Hanger
Espadrilles: Soda
Cuff: F21

I felt like color-blocking last Thursday, so I brought out the yellow skinnies and added this cardi. I Wore this over to the elementary school for "Back to School" night. I am such a MOM.


Photobucket
And in the name of honesty, I should say that the cardigan lasted about five minutes because I was too hot.

Photobucket
Luckily the outfit still looked good... just decidedly less color-blocky... without it.

Of course, the best part of the outfit are the accessories:
Photobucket
He's been working out lately.

Alright, I am off to run like a chicken with it's head cut off. Hooray! I also remembered where my son's birth certificate is! I feel so organized.

..until I look in my laundry room.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, I thought your son was still a toddler!

Dig the hipster glasses.

Nora B

Jae said...

LOL Nora... he's 3 and the world's biggest dork. I think the days of being an only child while his sis goes to school are getting to him.

Nicole said...

I keep the entire family's passports/birth certificates/SIN cards (hey-o from Canada!) in a recipe box in my bottom dresser drawer. I never need to think about where they are, because they're there.

Have a great trip!

Jae said...

I usually keep passports in the same place, but for some reason I had left one of my kid's birth certs in the envelope that the passport office sent to me. Genius move, Jae!

michelle said...

Here's where I tell you I'm in Canada at the same time, except that I'm nervous I'll run into you while I'm wearing sweatpants and no make-up and you look gorgeous and put together. Have fun!

And amen to parenting rules out the triple layered plexiglass window (even though mine isn't even 2 yet).

Unknown said...

I landed myself in My Sister's Closet last Tuesday. First day of school with my youngest in first grade. It was amazing. And I kept thinking I was forgetting someone. Their children's section is tiny, but FABULOUS. I think I bought pretty much all the stuff in sizes 6-10, though. So good luck to anyone else shopping for that size ;) They have very little plus-size stuff too, but TONS of super cute healthy person sized stuff. My new motivation to get my body healthier: to go shopping at My Sister's Closet. So many cute tops and skirts, and that's before hitting the consignment deals! I also tried The Wandering Wardrobe here in Springville, but their children's selection was even my scanty. So I bought myself a purple purse. It fits perfectly.

Jennifer Wells said...

Ha, I love that you have to get a specific card for sinning when you're from Canada.

Jenny said...

I totally understand the whole "parenting doesn't apply at 30,000 feet" thing...I will do whatever I can to make sure my kids aren't crying or annoying everyone else, haha. P.S. you're outfit is adorable! I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party :)

bridalbuy said...

So beautiful bag. So fashion dresses!

prom dresses

Anonymous said...

We provide all kinds of excessive prominence s that sink in fare in a disparity of styles, colors and sizes at wholesale price.All [url=http://www.g-marrybridal.com/]wedding dresses 2013[/url]
[url=http://www.g-marrybridal.com/]Mother of the Bride Dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.g-marrybridal.com/]cheap prom dresses[/url]
are cheap with trendy styles wedding apparels including draughtsman wedding scold, beach wedding dresses, conjugal gowns, bridesmaids dresses, prom outfits, cream gal dresses & mother dresses.Even we can providing the services of loose weight customization and without together with gauge Blow the whistle on buy affordable astonishing joining dresses in the present climate!lift horn-mad shopping, put on one's sunday best clothes perfectly destined for the whacking big juncture with the facilitate of G-marry bridal.


http://www.g-marrybridal.com/

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.