Secret Santa

Thursday, December 16, 2010

So I was contacted by T.J. Maxx and asked if I'd like to take part in a fashion blogger Secret Santa and I was all, YES. What could be better than having fashion bloggers buy me presents? T.J. Maxx/ Marshalls gave us all a $50 gift card and a blogger to shop for and set us loose in the stores. I had so much fun picking out my present for Jackie of Sweet Pie Style. After looking at her blog, I concluded that we had similar styles and basically went shopping for myself. Actually, I really wanted what I bought her. Check it out here. (Jackie is wearing the necklace and bracelet I got her under the "Day 23" heading.) More pics of the items found here.

Also, I got to go shopping with only one child since my daughter was on a play date. Shopping with only one child pinging off of the walls and touching everything in T.J. Maxx was the real gift, actually.

So, as I was being a happy little fashion blogger Secret Santa, Juanita from The Frugalicious Mommy was out shopping for me. And she actually bought me something similar to the necklace I bought for Jackie, yet secretly wanted to hoard for myself. YAY! She also sent me an adorable sequined clutch, which I brought with me to my Christmas party on Tuesday. I LOVE not bringing a bulky bag with me. Check out my prezzies!


My new clutch and necklace.


The magpie in me wants to hold onto this sparkly clutch and never let it go.


The cool thing about this necklace is that it has a huge pendant but a shorter, oversized chain. It's serious stuff and I love it.

Thanks, Juanita!

So, by my count you have eight shopping days till Christmas. I'm actually completely finished except for a few random things for the hubs. It feels GOOD! And I came under my Christmas budget about $300 so I'm feeling pretty good and itching to spend... well, $300. How about you guys? Good deals? Are you done? Or are you like me and purposely leave a few stragglers so you have an excuse to go shopping on Christmas Eve? I know. It's an illness.

3 comments:

HollyElise said...

We have one more gift to buy (for my brother-in-law) and we also have to do gift shopping for each other - due to the budget we left that till this Saturday.
So excited - this is our first year buying each other gifts!!
(Last year's present to each other was our wedding ^.^)

Jenna said...

I sincerely HEART that clutch.

Virginia said...

I'm glad you love the items my mother chose for you. Shhhhh...don't say anything, but I helped out a little. LOL.
She kept texting me pictures and asking "what do you think about this one?"

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.