What I Wore: White After Labor Day

Monday, January 23, 2012

Omg, I have a major case of the Mondays today. I've been sitting at my computer for like, two hours and gotten nothing done but watched videos on Youtube, played Scramble with Friends and checked Facebook obsessively. I need a shot of motivation like, NOW.

I never understood obscure fashion rules about the colors that you can and can't wear and when to wear them. And when does the "after" Labor Day part of the rule apply? I mean, every day BUT Labor Day technically comes after. It's confusing and annoying. So I ignored it and wore my white skirt with my chambray shirt and black tights and called it good. Take that, obscure fashion rules!

Photobucket
Chambray shirt: Papaya
Belt: I have no earthly idea.
Skirt: Ricki's (Canada)
Tights: F21
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Watch: Gucci
Necklace: Nordstrom


PhotobucketPhotobucket
I loved the mix of a super casual shirt with a super glittery heel. I'm all about mixing and matching the two.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Glittery neck AND feet? I die. I've also heard that you shouldn't wear navy and black together. I say a hearty "Whatevs" to that!

I had my hair done last week so this is the last long hair pic. I had some cut off and went tons blonder. WOO! But I shall reveal on Wednesday, because....


...we're going to have a giveaway! Check back then for an entire store review plus some super cool swag that YOU can win! So definitely come hang out with me on Wednesday. In the meantime, I have a 1p.m. deadline for other work and it's almost here so I have to get going. Thank goodness for Mango-Peach Crystal Light and an iPod stocked with Lily Allen or I would never get anything done.

6 comments:

Preethi said...

I'm loving all the white in wintertime lately - so pretty!

preethi
lace, etc.

Jenny said...

I say forget those silly rules, white is a great color in winter!

Jenny
Modern Modest Beauty

Jennifer Wells said...

What a stylish lady you are.

Odd question, but do wear perfume very often, and what are your favorite notes? I imagine that you would be the kind of gal who would venture into the territory of men's fragrance--woods, spices, fresh, clean, not too sweet. Especially with some of your more va-va-voom outfits, for contrast.

Jae said...

Nora, you nailed it! I am really into non-girly scents. My favorite is Calvin Klein's Euphoria - it's really spicy musky and more masculine. When I do feel girly enough, I wear Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb, which I think is girly enough but not too floral or sweet - it has a lot of vanilla. I tend to match my scent to my mood. When I'm dressed down and just mellow, I wear GAP's Close. It's just warm and vanilla and low-key.

But you are absolutely right, I love spicy, woodsy scents -- even for my house. I have "Winter Cabin" plugged into my Wallflower right now!

Courtney said...

White after Labor Day means between that day and Easter, but I have a pair of white cord pants that I wear all winter and love! who cares about the rules.

Courtney
wearingwhatiwant.blogspot.com

Jennifer Wells said...

This makes me wonder why some of these rules exist in the first place?

I think that sometimes the spirit of rules should be followed. For example, I don't like the idea of season-less dressing. Several years back there was something called "summer velvet," but I think having some things for certain times of the year only make them more special.

But I don't like hard and fast rules like, "no white blah blah" *snore*

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.