What I Wore: LBD Love

Monday, December 5, 2011

OK, this week is going to be a little crazy all over the place because I'm heading up North on Wednesday for a week. But I'll still check in periodically and make fun of people traveling in Juicy sweatsuits, I promise.

So eShakti.com approached me a couple of weeks to see if I wanted to try and review one of their pieces from their awesome website. Of course I said yes, and I immediately knew I wanted to pick an LBD for parties and whatever this season. I have a few LBDs in my closet that I love, but they tend to be more "va-va-voomy" and I had my heart set on something more flirty and less Jessica Rabbit. I mean, I love Jessica Rabbit... but not all day, every day. Take note, Kim Kardashian.

This is the dress I picked out. Not only is it crazy adorable, but the eShakti ordering process allows you to get your exact size measurements and customize the pieces to your requests. I loved this dress but I asked for it slightly shortened and with short sleeves for more of a party look. I love love love it with some grown-up Mary Janes and a patterned tight!

Photobucket
Cardi: Dillards
Dress: Courtesy eShakti.com
Tights: F21 (Where else? lol)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Ring and hair bow: Payless
Earrings: Local boutique

Photobucket
The layered tiers on this dress are exactly what I wanted for a pretty party dress. Since it's made of a more casual fabric, I also want to try it with a scarf, jean jacket and boots for casual wear. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Photobucket
This is all one ring. Awesome? I think so. And so did the girl at Barnes and Noble who was my cashier while I bought this book on Saturday night. I party hardy. Also, I did a gunmetal manicure to keep the look from getting too sweet. I haven't bitten my nails for a whole month! My mom promised me a manicure in Canada and it's gotten me through the last week.

Anyway, eShakti has been awesome enough to offer any of my readers $20 off their orders by using code MOMJEANS0811. Unlike the regular promotion they offer on their site, this code can be used as many times as you want until Dec. 31st, 2011. You can still just use one code per order. Sooo... I would definitely email the code and your shopping list to your hubby STAT. That's how I got my favorite skirt last year, ladies. It's called "taking the bull by the horns" or something like that. I'm totally happy with my new LBD and totally recommend you start getting your festive wardrobe together ASAP... just no bell earrings or reindeer shirts kthanx.

Happy shopping!

9 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

Have fun and travel safe. Radio said we are about to get cold up here.

Misty said...

Can I just copy your outfit exactly as long as I promise not to wear it to the hospital? I've decided copying you is the only chance I'll ever have to look fashionable.

Jae said...

Misty, I approve. Heck, let's wear them together and take our antepartum variety show on the road!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, love your clothes, love your sense of humor....but what's with the weird, pigeon-toed stance when modeling clothes?!? :)

Jae said...

Obviously out of all the posed it makes me look the skinniest and therefore trumps anything else. Also, everything else looks generally like a Sears catalog. Oh, the life of a fashion blogger.

Jae said...

Ps I apologize that my posing skills don't pass your scrutiny.

Unknown said...

Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up.. :)free dating websites

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that i read www.blogger.com again

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1AC-Q2rZLQ]christmas lights show[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvIVTJz3vLo]fireworks show[/url]

Anonymous said...

Images doesn't load on www.blogger.com admin please fix this
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHChVU6r6wo]asian makeup tutorial[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-YKJF87SCQ]zombie makeup[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guujTrBSg_w]natural makeup[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beX72Js-mdQ]eye makeup[/url]

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.