Freaky Friday

Friday, November 4, 2011

Hey friends! Time to get back to usual Freaky Friday without all of the boob and thigh of last week. I know, I'm sad too.

Fun story of the day! So, when I dressed up in my Halloween costume on Monday, I decided to wear it while trick or treating on Main Street a few towns over. I figured a) no one would know me there and b) it was Halloween and I'm psychotic. Anyway, my GIANT two year old decided that his legs no longer worked after less than half of the event, so I was slogging along with my awesome friend Ashleigh and our collective kiddos when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Um, are you from nomoremomjeans.com?"

OMG KILL ME. Literally any time I've met a reader in public I can almost guarantee I'm wearing like, a trucker hat and camo pants, but this time I was dressed in like a complete mental patient.

It turns out it was Janelle, of the sexy house costume! I was so excited to meet her IRL because she actually won the costume and I got to tell her in person. She told me she wasn't sure that was something to be proud of because let's be honest, that costume was filthy. Anyway, she said she was sure it was me because there is no way anyone else would leave the house dressed as the Sun Drop girl. It was awesome.

So hi Janelle! Gift card is on it's way and I promise next time you see me I won't be wearing *that* much Spandex.


Maybe these instead? I feel like if you wore these pants, you'd have to have jazz hands everywhere you went.
"Hey, can I get a cherry Coke with extra ice?" *JAZZ HANDS!*
"Yes, I've noticed that Susie struggles with her reading." *JAZZ HANDS!*
"No, I don't want to try a free sample." *JAZZ HANDS*





















Found by Julia on Pinterest, I call this "Ugly Sweater Refashion Fail." While I can certainly appreciate pom poms on any piece of clothing, this still leaves you with two moose on your buttcheeks and I am not OK with that.






















This jacket is meant to have a shirttail detail that hangs out at the back. I don't care what anyone says, that extra fabric looks like a diaper. But you can still totally buy it for $10,000. Cloth diapers are much cheaper.

















Alyssa sent me these sequin UGGS that were suggested to her by her account on ShoeDazzle.com. She also noted that the stylist tip said to wear them with a sequined beret for "the right amount of sparkle."
Dear ShoeDazzle.com Stylist:
I don't care what anyone says. These are robot boots. I've never seen a robot wear a beret, much less a sequined one. French robot? Now I'm confused.
Love, Jae





















Yes, you are seeing the world's longest torso. I'm pretty sure this woman doesn't even have a pelvis. It goes straight from abs to kneecaps.





















This basically looks like you skinned a unicorn. Not a sexy unicorn, just a garden variety-type.




YAY! Finally something to wear to Dracula's pool party. I can breathe. (Thanks Michelle!)


Sheriece sent these over. I was totally on board until I saw CAT FACE in the product title. Like, I mourn the loss of these shoes. A velvet red wedge with ankle strap? I die. Cat face on the shoes? I kill someone else.


I feel like running a marathon.


Well, I've gotta get my work done. There *might* be a half-yearly sale that I *might* need to check out. I want to try on this dress. I hate the way it's belted in the picture, but I'm thinking it could work with a thick brown belt a bit higher, worn with brown boots for fall. What do you think? Also, I'm looking for jeans and a couple casual dresses and skirts to wear with thick tights for winter. K, I just want an excuse to shop SO SUE ME.

6 comments:

Arienette said...

Is it super-wrong that I actually kind of like the Moose-Skirt? I mean, ok, I KNOW it's wrong. Super-wrong. But I'm still kind of digging it, in an it-would-amuse-me-greatly-to-own-a-bright-red-knitted-moose-skirt way. Sometimes I like to wear clothes just to mess with people. 'Is she really wearing that? Is she wearing it ironically or seriously? Where did she even get a red knitted moose mini?'
Also, it would totes keep your butt warm. And a cold butt is no one's friend.

Jae said...

Well butt, yes. Upper thighs? Not so much.

Unknown said...

Truth be told -- I shouted your name twice and tapped your shoulder once before whacking you hard enough to get your attention. My kids were like "What the heck Mom?!"
I had to inform my husband very bluntly that the gift card is MINE!!! ALL MINE bwahahahahaha....
I think he's convinced. Good, cause I desperately need something new to wear. :)

Jenna said...

The UGG people were trying to get on the popularity of glitter TOMS. Sorry, folks. UGGs are so 2004.

Jae said...

Jenna, seriously. It's sad how they keep trying to be relevant and stuff.

Janelle, I am the most oblivious person ever. You practically need to punch me in the face to get my attention.

MizFitz said...

I'm with Arienette...I don't understand it but I kinda dig the moose skirt!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.