Freaky Friday: Stripes Gone Wrong

Friday, January 14, 2011

There was about 10 seconds there when I considered naming this post Naughty-cal (Nautical? GET IT!?) but it was far too punny for my liking. Plus, I feel like that might attract a different kind of fan. I don't know what kind of fan that would be, but I know it would be wrong. So you get a generic title instead. I Spent way too much time contemplating this.

Also, I would like to point out that Jenna is the big winner by correctly identifying that F21 model from my last post as Nicole Linkletter from America's Next Top Model. She was right. I Googled. Now I want to do a 'z' snap. Let's all do one. That feels goooood.


I love me a wellie as much as the next girl. I have an adorable friend who wore wellies with her wedding dress and I just wanted to eat her arm it was so cute. But tin man wellies with stripes make me angry. Plus it makes this model's knees look chubby. Now I can't stop staring at them.


When rompers and stripes collide, it's time for a Friday evening drink. Also, can someone explain to me the logistics of using the washroom whilst wearing a romper? Because that alone is enough to discourage me from wearing glorified pajamas out of the house.

On the bright side, this could be really cute in state penitentiaries. Wow, I spelled that word right on the first time.


Quite possibly the UGLIEST sweater I've ever seen. Luckily it's on sale for $345 OMG WE ARE IN A RECESSION PEOPLE.


I believe this is referred to as "Too much of a good things." Also, Beetlejuice!


And where exactly does one wear awkwardly striped prison shorts? And with what? CLOGS! Clogs with everything!


I love this dress. It's like business in the back, yet unwashed Ke$ha in the front.


I'm sorry, I can never see one of these gross poncho sweaters and not immediately think pothead. I knew a girl growing up who positively lived in one of these. She looked like a weird boy. That was the 90s. They are still selling them.

Sweet mother, I've been watching too much football lately. So this ugly poncho comes to you courtesy of the nights where I sit up and poke my eyes out while my husband watches games he doesn't care about. I am too pretty to like sports.

I feel like, by now, you should no the difference between good stripes and bad stripes. If there are any further questions, comment away. But in general, polished, adorable sailor: good, Beetlejuice, Ke$ha and pothead: bad. It applies to so many other things.

10 comments:

~ Elly ~ said...

"It's like business in the back, yet unwashed Ke$ha in the front."

BWAHHAHAHAHA. That is going to get me through the evening. Thank you!

bequi said...

In response to your bathroom question:

You are supposed to strip down. In 4th grade, I had a denim jumper. I stripped down to pee before an assembly, but I didn't pull the jumper down far enough. I ended up peeing all down the back, and my teacher wouldn't let me call my mom to pick me up until AFTER the assembly.

jacblanch said...

Oh poor, poor Bequi! But that is hilarious! :)

Jae said...

Bequi, that is the saddest story I've ever heard. Even more reason to banish the onesies!

Jenna said...

I totally did the Z-snap all up in here.

I totally think "pothead" when I see those hoodies, too.

Victoria said...

Beetlejuice-pothead chic! I think I read about that in Vogue's spring issue...

John said...

ugg boots outlet
kate spade outlet
kd 8 shoes
fitflops sale clearance
cheap ray ban sunglasses
jordans
canada goose pas cher
mcm outlet online
burberry outlet online
toms outlet store
20161203yuanyuan

Unknown said...

www0817
dsquared2
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
adidas superstar
air jordan uk
pandora
moncler online
ugg boots on sale 70% off

shoatea said...

try this bags replica gucci check out here replica designer bags image source high end replica bags

southou said...

replica bags bangkok replica gucci bags n5z48h2r82 replica bags in china Go Here m6n93w2k29 replica bags from china replica bags ebay replica bags philippines greenhills official source t0o46e3w40 zeal replica bags

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.