Fall Trend I Don't Understand: Booties

Friday, September 25, 2009



I have kept my silence long enough.

I. Hate. Booties.

I don't care who you are. Model or mom. These shoes look stupid. I know they are supposed be fashion-y and all of that, but oh my gosh, they are so not flattering. They cut your leg off and make you look stumpy. LOOK AWAYYYYYYYYY. They look so horrid on anyone. I don't know why people would be like hmmm, those regular pumps look nice, but you know what would make my calves look massive? These awesome booties. THEY ARE CALLED BOOTIES. Poor Keira Knightley up there looks like a weird school-marm. She's in her early twenties. Not cool.

Avoid.

K, sorry, I just had to get that out. I have been having booties being shoved down my throat here and I even had a moment of weakness where I was like "Maybeeee..." and them my common sense kicked in and I was like "GET IT TOGETHER JAE."

I feel much better now.

9 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

I am seeing these everywhere! First thing I thought was Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. No lie. Not cute.

Kate said...

I agree. Only cute if you have some very long pants covering the bootiness. They might as well call them cankles in a box.

Amy said...

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!
I could not agree with you more. They are so horribly wrong I don't even know where to begin!

Cammie said...

I love this post! You are so funny, they are hideous.
I have a question/request: how do you choose clothes for a family picture? My fam of 4 has a photo shoot on the 10th and I am at a loss! Any advice/help would be wonderful!

mushbelly said...

Dang. I was thinking I kind-of liked these.

Brickhouse said...

I might even be OK with booties worn with long pants. (That could be quite chic and I use oxford pumps that way.) But I have yet to understand booties that have a peeptoe. If it's cold enough for boots, then isn't it cold enough to cover the whole foot? Exactly what season are they for???? That's my only thing - some versions of this style are just illogical. :)

Erica

Manda said...

So does this include ankle boots? I may or may not have bought some :)

Shop Girl* said...

AMEN.

As a lover of shoes these atrocities hurt my heart. I hope this trend passes quickly.

Mrs. P said...

AMEN!!!!! i hate the booties trend. hideous. i thought i was the only one. i'll wear them with pants/jean, but pants/jeans only.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.