A Tale of a Girl and her Boots

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

K, here's a little story about me and my latest obsession. My boots.

I own, now, 78 pairs of shoes. I was not in need of boots. I own seven pairs. Seven pairs of boots is completely unnecessary. But yet, on Friday, when my husband had strep throat and was laying around the house and generally making me crazy because I'd been stuck in the house with two kids all day, I decided we needed to get out for a while. And by "needed to get out for a while" I mean spend money.

You see, I have this small problem. Where others get angry or aggressive and yell or throw things, take a jog or head to the gym, I do some serious aggressive spending. Aggressive spending is different spending. I went to the mall with EXPRESS PURPOSE of doing damage to my bank account. Badly. Like, not even caring what I spent it on.

So, with kids in tow, I meandered through the mall. I WASN'T EVEN LOOKING FOR SALES. How reckless of me! And over the course of an hour, bout a hoodie, a vest, five shirts and the only purchase that matters anything at all, cowboy boots.

I know, right? COWBOY BOOTS? I went into the shoe store looking for a Frye Harness-esqu riding boot with buckle details, but I saw a pair of knee high cowboy boots and fell in love.

And since then, it's been all cowboy, all the time. Of the last five days, I've worn them four times. I HAVE 78 PAIRS OF SHOES FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE. But they are so versatile and easy and comfy, I don't see a reason to ever take them off. I wore them over jeans, I wore them under jeans, and in a sassy mood, I wore them with a khaki skirt. In fact, I am taking my kids up to my home and native land tomorrow, and planning on wearing my boots all the way up there. They are THAT comfy. Amazing eh?

So, thanks to my husband and cranky kids, I discovered something that I never even knew I was missing. Totally worth it.

Here's to you, sweet cowboy boots of mine.




I luhf you.

***ETA to say they are Wild Diva boots bought from Head Over Heels. WHich doesn't have a website. But google Wild Diva and you'll find em! Also, I've worn then three more times. Yeah. ***

4 comments:

mushbelly said...

I have a pair of camel colored cowboy boots that I bought last fall - and I honestly don't think any pair of shoes I've ever owned has seen as much action as these boots. I love them. I love yours too. I'm hunting for another pair this fall...I'm thinking black or dark brown. Yours would do perfectly.

mushbelly said...

PS - aren't you going to tell us where you got the boots and what brand they are???

Natalie said...

Where were you when I needed you Monday!! I had a very similar pair on my feet in a store and did the "do I really need more boots/ too much money dance" thus leaving without. I'm sooo going to take on your new form of therapy although my dance class did stop me from punching someone full on in the face :)I still want to though so I better go back for the boots don't cha think! ya know for world peace and all that ....

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Ya, where's the link? I can totally see you lookin' all cute in your cowboy boots!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.