What I Wore: Mother's Day

Monday, May 13, 2013

So how was everyone's MD? I just met up with some of my friends for a workout and we all had mixed results. Mine went over well! I got a new Morali flat iron and my new favorite toy in the whole world -- a Keurig! I am a big tea drinker so my husband bought me like, the biggest, baddest Keurig they make. That thing is so cool... and it does cold drinks too. Brilliant! I them promptly went online and bought literally 100 k-cups for the thing. I enjoy excess. I've brewed like 900 cups of peppermint tea in the last 24 hours.

Of course, I also got the cute prezzies from the kids. My daughter gave me a book all about me in which she refers to her brother as "the devil." And my son gave me a dead plant that he potted at school, but then hid in our closed-off, dark guest room for a week without water. Classic, right?

Also, I got my nap. After wearing this and then changing into stretchy pants for the day.

 photo 024-3_zpsbe09b9bc.jpg
 Dress: Dorothy Perkins - sold out (similar)
Blazer: F21 (here)
Belt: ASOS (similar)
Shoes: G by Guess (with ankle strap)
Earrings: I have no idea I bought them at TJ Maxx lol!
Cuff: F21 (here)


 photo 054_zpsc2b1f9bf.jpg  photo 028_zps99615a3c.jpg
 I'm totally doing the bend and snap here but you must see the gold on these heels LOVE.


 photo 039-2_zps204271ec.jpg
 Accessory pic! Love me some gold and black accents.


This dress is a bit big for me so I belted it, but like, five minutes into wearing this I ended up ditching the belt. It was hot and there is nothing worse than belt sweat amiright? 

So yes, I felt pretty good about Mother's Day. However, if you're one of the moms who felt totally passed over yesterday, you have my permission to buy a pair of shoes. With your husband's credit card. 


5 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

I think I might ask for a Keurig for next year now. I drink a lot of tea, and that sounds just brilliant.

Jae said...

It does lemonade too! lol. I really went crazy buying the cups. I got two different kinds of hot chocolate, lemonade, raspberry iced tea, herbal tea... just about anything. Love that thing!

Nathaly Blalock said...

I think we are drink twins. I love Peach Mango Crystal Light and I love peppermint tea. What brand did you get pre-Keurig?

Jae said...

My fave has always been Stash. Best part is that my Keurig came with a reusable k-cup so I can just dump my tea in there. Stash Peppermint + little bit of honey and milk and I'm a happy girl. lol... we are just drinking the same thing on opposite sides of the country. Every time I crave Crystal Light I can only assume you're drinking it too.

Nathaly Blalock said...

Drinking it right now, lol. What about virgin Mojitos? That is my favorite drink eeeeeever.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.