Freaky Friday

Friday, May 3, 2013

 Sorry I'm late getting around to this today, guys. My daughter's school had a Walk-a-Thon to raise money for supplies and stuff. The way it was structured is that the soccer field was measured to be a quarter of a mile long. For every four laps the kids did, they got a special prize. The prize for the 20th lap (5 mile mark) was a pair of sunglasses and my daughter was determined to get a pair. Unfortunately, the event was only 90 minutes and she only got 18 laps in. When I went to go find her, the rest of her class had already stopped and were sitting together and there she was, puffing around the track all by herself. Her face was all red, she was all sweaty and when I called to her to stop, she burst into tears. She's a bit sensitive, my kid. When I asked what was wrong she said "I just really wanted those sunglasses and I only had two laps left!" I think my heart broken into a zillion little pieces for her. I helped her get a drink and meet up with her class while talking up the 18 laps -- almost 5 miles! -- that she did instead, but I could  tell that she was really disappointed.

I called my husband to tell him all about it and both he and I felt so bad for her... she tried SO hard. SO naturally we've made plans to take her out and spoil her a bit tonight. So I'm taking an afternoon siesta and then I'm off to do something fun!

Stupid Walk-a-Thon.

Anyway... onto the freakiness before I sign off for the day! 





 I know this happened a week ago, but I haven't had a chance to comment yet. I would just like to point out a few things.
1) This is a woman who has said she has the butt of a 20-year-old stripper. Just marinade on that for a moment.
2) I really think she was screwing with everyone at this point. Like oh, they hate me? Let me show them just how bad they can hate me!
3) Let's not act surprised. This is a woman who wore this to the Oscars:
She has a history of going sans underwear. 


 Alison sent this over in a compilation of bad prom dresses. Oh, I must have missed the part where dressing like Britney Spears in "Toxic" was a viable choice for prom!

I just envisioned a girl walking down the stairway to meet her date in this. It reminds me of "Never Been Kissed" when the nerds come to prom dressed as DNA. WHERE would that ever happen?

 She also sent me this swimsuit with a note that it looked a little "burny." Agreed. I would also point out that the angle on the model's crotch is disconcerting but don't look now.

 Jumpsuits made of denim because it's 1973 and you can. (Thanks Dawn!)


 You guys know how I feel about ugly man shoes. They are a travesty. Especially when styled in what might be the worst color of "bottom of the pool" blue and with fringe. 

 I think I may have had this skirt in like, 1993. Of course, I also had bad teeth and bifocals in 1993, so that's not a good thing.

I can't even with this. The Cosby sweater is bad enough. Pair it with a floral skirt and it's like they're just testing the model's gullibility.


Alright, I'm out to go assuage the guilty feelings my poor daughter has caused me. Enter overindulgent parent mode NOW.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.