Oh my gosh you guys, I agreed with Billy Bush

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So I have a weird confession about my obsession with Billy Bush. Every time he comes on the TV screen for Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight or whatever show he's on, my husband and I remark, "Where the heck did he even come from?" Like, he didn't even exist, I'm sure. I think he was grown from a pod somewhere. Add in the fact that he is the ex-president's cousin and its just like, woah. I watch him and note how much he looks like out dear Georgie. ANYHOW, on his entertainment gossip shows, I generally think Billy is kind of a douche. He says stupid things and wonders aloud if "Angelina went blonde for a movie role? Real or Rumor?!" And its like, did people honestly wonder if that was real or rumor? When there is an economic crisis going on??

BUT! Lately, (and you all know of my other obsession with the Today show) he has been filling in for Kathie Lee Gifford on the 1pm hour of Today, and I find him to be a DELIGHT. He is witty and full of anecdotes about keeping things spicy with his wife of like ten years, which is sweet because I'd always assumed he was gay. And its a relief from listening to harpy old Kathie Lee go on about Hoda getting a man, which annoys me because its not like KLG scored so big in that area. She's married to Frank Gifford for pete's sake, its time to get off your high horse there, KLG! And I just find her generally annoying and I wish she would SHUT UP about her stupid lullaby CD she made that no one bought but that the producers insist she give as consolation prizes to those who lose when they do trivia segments. And what a consolation prize it is.

But that's beside the point. Yesterday, during a segment about new trends, they showed some serious accessories and Billy made the comment that they should only be worn when the rest of the outfit is more subdued. He said something to the effect of just like in a living room, if you want something to pop, you let it be the center of attention. And I was like BILLY! You little minx, I agree!

Colour is SO GOOD this time of year. My favourite thing that I'm seeing are bright almost neon looking colours. Only thing is, if you don't wear them right, its going to come across as totally '80s, and not in a cute retro way. More like a scary Belinda Carlisle way. Not cool. So when wearing colours, its best to *gulp* take Billy's advice and DON'T OVERDO IT. Serious colours call for subdued outfits. And absolutely NO. MATCHING. The easiest way to wear colour is in accessories, so if you're loving the neons but not ready to buy yellow PANTS, then try some easier ways to wear them.

Observe.







ANYONE can get away with bright coloured shoes. How to do it: Either with really dark denim paired with an absolutely not matchy shirt (Like, don't wear a pink shirt and pink shoes. It scares me.) I would love the yellow shoes with anything khaki coloured. And please do the Pucci-esque ones with something white. Make the shoes the focus by toning it down elsewhere. I would probably carry a really neutral bag with these too.
Love this little accessory. Put it in your hair or clip it onto a blazer and its like, instant spring happiness.



SUMMER SCARVES. Hallelujah, they are still in for spring. Difference is they are not in brighter colours. How cute would this look with like, a plain long sleeved white tee, some cropped skinny jeans and flats? Ugh like I want to go buy the whole outfit in my head immediately.


K, check out this awesome jewelry. I would totally wear these together. Why? because they DON'T match. Instead, they are totally complimentary and interesting. Just keep the rest of the outfit pretty neutral and don't wear a necklace or earrings and all of a sudden its all "Hey, where'd you get those?"
Yeah, you knew I'd have a clutch up here. Love this one because its a wallet inside with organizers for all of your plastic, and the colour is awesome and will literally go with everything. Its so vibrant that any other colour combo will look intentional, even if its not. For instance, a bright yellow top. You wouldn't necessarily match the two together, but because the green is so bright, it looks interesting anyhow. Don't stress over combinations. Go for interest over coordiantion. It's newer and less stuffy.


Time to swap out your winter bag (black or brown = boo) for something more springy. Again, even if you're like "Yeah, I'm totally not a colour girl" do it with your handbag. It doesn't have to be crazy, just fresher.

So moral of the story: try COLOUR in little ways. And listen to BILLY BUSH.

(All accessories from Shop Suey Boutique, Wet Seal, Forever 21 and GoJane.com)

4 comments:

Joy said...

I think I'm in love with that clutch.

Sara said...

So... I love your blog. I am pretty much fashion-cluless-careless (and still hanging onto 30 lbs from my last two babies) but I figure if I read your blog enough I might start getting a clue! Thanks for all your efforts. ;-)

Natalie said...

I love this post. I want the snow to go and the bright colors to come in full force. I ordered the blue purse :) what a great site.

Unknown said...

www0817
true religion outlet
coach outlet
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
adidas yeezy
christian louboutin sale
coach outlet
jordans
longchamp handbags
louboutin shoes

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.