Sweater Weather!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

YAY! So fall is officially here, and it's all crispy and and cool-y and I am deliriously happy right now. I am having a good month girls, I love October! Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on this coming Sunday, so I have alot to get done, as I always host a Canadian Thanksgiving at our house wit all of our friends that have Canadian ties. I'll tell you, it is really easy to find people with Canadian ties when you look. Maple leaf forever!

And what will I be wearing to Canadian Thanksgiving? Why, a sweater of course! I heart sweaters to ridiculous degree and I buy them up in huge quantities. You know Black Friday, when the world braves shopping at 3am for the best deals? While everyone else is snatching up Wii's and DVD's, I'm like, ooh! Cheap sweaters!

Anyhow, I set out to check for new trends that I love in sweaters this year and I had a little sweater-gasm and started writing down a SHOPPING LIST of sweaters and which stores they were at so that this weekend I could go partake. Nevermind that I'm pregnant. I WILL BUY THEM! And since I love them all, I'll be posting lots of pics. Ahhh heaven.





K, so doesn't this just look like the perfect fall sweater? I love the neckline and collar, and the big buttons are perrrrrfect. I want this. Forever 21.


This is the newest thing I have seen for the season, these awesome little drape-front cardigans. Perfect to throw over anything, and all of a sudden look put together. This one was at Bluefly for like $60, but I saw them at Charlotte Russe for $19. Just saying.


K, remember dusters??? I have a red one that I can't bear to throw out even though it is horribly dated and screams "2001!" Well, YAY, because dusters are back but new-school. See how they are shorter? Gone are the stumpifying calf-length ones, choose ones that go no lower than mid thigh. Papaya.



Every woman should have a classic, cable knit sweater. Love how they've pinned this one with a brooch, and I am seeing shawl collars everywhere.


Or do a simpler silhouette, love the scoop neck here, super super flattering. Remember that sweaters shouldn't be bulky. Streamlined is best. Metro Style.


Everyone knows my obsession with argyle, and luckily everyone has it now. So smart! Love layering that is built in, again, not bulky and you look like you actually know something about fashion. Forever 21



I LOVE THESE SWEATERS! They are these cute "academy" type ones, they are freaking adorable. Can't you see this, which a white, collared button up under, some skinnier jeans and flats? LOVE. I am definitely buying one this weekend because I can't even contain my excitement.

Sweaters are an awesome way to update or transition your wardrobe. Anyone up for a shopping trip?

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I also love sweater but when we moved to Vegas i never wore them so i got rid of them. It's still too hot when you are getting 3kids in and out of a car.

I miss my sweaters!

Siddeley said...

Dealtaker.com has a coupon for Metro Style - 10% off on 1st item, 20% OFF 2nd & 30% OFF 3rd - Might come in handy on that gray Streamlined Sweater :-)

Here is the direct link: http://www.dealtaker.com/metrostyle-coupon-code-a242-c.html

Blair said...

Can't tell you how happy I am to have found this blog! Sweater-gasm. lol Totally get it!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.