What I Wore: Summer Days

Monday, August 3, 2015

It's pretty fitting that I would write this post on a cold, rainy day. It's the first day in like, three weeks that I'll wear something other than a swimsuit, which would explain an extreme lack of outfit pictures over the last two months. It's been too hot to consider something other than like, swimwear and a very, very light coverup.

My son's new school backpack came in the mail on Saturday and he's been asking me when school starts every hour, on the hour since then. I know that feel, bud. Summer break is over in less than three weeks and I'm excited to get back to a normal routine. I love routines. Routines are my jam. They mean predictability and I enjoy that immensely. And then you can expect outfit pics again.

Until then, I'm combining June and July, which were crazy travel, play, and birthday months.

Top: J. Crew Factory (here's the style but the color was found in store) (similar)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here)
Sandals: Antic - sold out online but I bought them at Zumiez (similar)
Watch: XOXO (similar)

My daughter plays softball, so I basically lived at the ballpark for June. She had two games a week, plus whatever practices, and this is what I wore to a double header. Have you even been to a double header softball game for 9-year-old girls? IT'S THE WORST. 


Shirt: Gap (seasonal) 
Jacket: Calvin Klein (here)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here)
Shoes: Airwalk (here)

Yes, I bought another moto jacket. This one is a super light denim and I cannot wait to wear it through the fall because it fits beautifully and is now the twin to my black leather one. The jacket obsession is real, you guys. Also, my husband talked me into buying these faded jeans which I thought were going to be weird but ended up being my favorite jeans this summer. When I do wear jeans. Which is like, never because pants are too hot. 

Top: H&M (here)
Skirt: White House Black Market (similar) (omg so cute)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe (similar) (wedge!)

I'm not gonna lie, guys: I loved this shirt I bought it four different colors/patterns. It's just such a nice break from wearing T-shirts every day and the fit is adorable. Also, I am usually diehard about pencil skirts, but a full A-line is so darn ladylike it makes me want to throw a tea party or something. 

Shirt: MNG (here)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here)
Sandals: Soda (similar) (love these)

One of my core personality traits that I take a lot of flack for is being "aloof." I don't try to do it. Most of the times I'm just in my own head space and don't really go out of my way to be everyone's BFF. So sue me. My husband says it's intimidating. So basically, when I saw this "Snob" shirt, I had to buy it. I felt like it was an accurate way to set up expectations before I offended someone by being purposelessly distant. 


Shirt: H&M (here)
Shorts: Tommy Hilfiger (here)
Sandals: Montego Bay (similar) (similar)

I wore this while shopping on a Saturday and yes, that's the same H&M shirt as above, just in a different pattern. Ugh I love it too much. When I bought it, the checkout girl was wearing the same one and we were both like "RIGHT?! Right." I love a little preppy nauticalness. 

Top: JCPenney (here and cheap!)
Jeggings: Walmart (I KNOW)
Sandals: Antic - sold out online but I bought them at Zumiez (similar)

Talk about your sleeper hit: I've literally bought seven pairs of these jeggings. I'm not exaggerating at all. They're just super fun and come in a ton of colors and patterns and they're super light, so they've been bearable to wear during the heat. I kid you not, when I was in Canada, I wore these with a neon top like, 8 out of 10 days and my brother was like "Do you just have aneverending supply of those?" For $11, I just grab a pair whenever I see a new pattern when I'm buying milk. Yasssss. 

Top: Lily White (similar) (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (love this one)
Sandals" Sanuk (here)
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban (here)

The real story here are my Sanuks, which never left my feet in Toronto and were the best ever. We walked all over the the place and these babies were so comfy the whole time, plus they're just a little different than your typical flip flop. 

Can we also discuss what humidity does to my hair? 

Oh hey, I turned 31 on this day. GO ME! We spent the entire day (which was also our 12th anniversary) wakeboarding and tubing, which is pretty much all I ever want to do. Also, my husband bought me this adorable swimsuit as part of my bday present. You can find it here


Top: Victoria's Secret (they have them in a bazillion colors -- it's one of the Varsity tees)
Shorts: Celebrity Pink (here)
Shoes: Soda (here)

Finally, an uber casual look I wore when hanging out with my family. I liked these shorts, but the pockets were kind of bunchy so I went through and cut them out. Then, we were out shopping and I put my cell phone in my pocket and it dropped right to the floor because I'm super fprgetful and couldn't figure out why it was happening. So there's your cautionary tale for the day: Don't cut out pockets and put your iPhone down your pants, kids. 

Alright, I'm signing off for a bit. It's been a slice as usual. I'm not going to get all fashion bloggy on you and be like "YES fall is coming" but seriously, outfits are so much more interesting when layers are involved. Le sigh.

3 comments:

Allison Hill said...

The outfit with the A-line skirt wins all of the yes, especially for the shoes.

Sigh. I'm so ready for a massive wardrobe overhaul. Thank heavens it's almost fall when I love my clothes again.

Heidi J said...

So fun to read your posts! Also, I want that plaid H&M shirt. Adorable.
Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for autumn, everyone looks better in cold weather stuff and dark berry nails look weird in summer.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.