What I Wore: Calming Blue

Monday, August 18, 2014

 We spent all weekend celebrating the beginning of school. I took the kids out for lunch and to the arcade on Friday (where my daughter won this huge, embarrassing jackpot on one of the games so we came home with like, 6 new stuffed animals and a raging gambling addiction) and then headed out on the lake on Saturday for some tubing and wakeboarding.

Now I'm just sore and anxious because I get anxious about everything and meet-the-teacher day and the first day of school are no exceptions to that rule. I need to remember to add money to lunch accounts, wash backpacks and charm my children's teachers so they're OK with the fact that we're going on vacation in the next couple of weeks. Ugh.

 Top: a.n.a. (similar) (also pretty close
Skirt and belt: modbod (super cute alternative) (similar and cheap)
Shoes: Steve Madden Xfoliate (here) (almost a carbon copy)
 I love these shoes. I was afraid I was going to fall the entire time I wore them, but I love them just the same. So be advised accordingly. 

This is my fave pic from that day.

Isn't blue supposed to be a calming color? I'm going to go put it on from head to toe and I'll get through the next couple of days. I think. 

6 comments:

Heidi J said...

I am taking my oldest for her first year of college, so I am feeling similarly panic-y. I made her a quilt top months ago for her dorm room, but never actually put the whole thing together - so I have to do it today.
Love your outfit - I want that ANA blouse. Also love the pic w your kids - adorable!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute! Great outfit, love the floral pencil skirt.

Allison Hill said...

LOVE those shoes. Love them. Love.

I'm sorry were you saying something?

Beth said...

Cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of your kids! How adorable.

I think back to school shopping would be more fun if my son didn't wear a uniform.

Unknown said...

You are all so cute. I don't know if wearing blue will keep you calm, but it's so flattering, just wear it anyway.
I was super anxious when my son started middle school last year - he's walking a mile by himself with a heavy backpack! It's going to rain, I have to buy him a rain jacket!(do you think he ever wore it?)How is he going to get his giant musical instrument back and forth so he can practice (the teacher took pity on me and gave us a loaner to keep at home). Anyway, it all works out and this year I'm completely chill and not wasting precious sleep time worrying. So far.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.