Freaky Friday Don'ts: I forgot to post this when I wrote it so you're getting it on Sunday edition

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Yeah, I wrote this whole post and decided to save it and then I was looking at my stats and was like WHY is no one giving me love for my Friday post?? And, after crying for a little while. realized it was still sitting as a draft.

I'm smart. So, a couple of days late, I bring your your Freaky Friday/Sunday Don'ts.

With the fall comes a lot of clothing catalogs to my house. Have I ever expressed to you how much I LOVE catalogs? Even for places I would never buy anything at. I was watching the Today show once, and they were saying to save the planet, you should visit some website to cancel the catalogs that you get, because they kill trees and whatnot, and I was like "Why would I want to do that, Matt Lauer? I mean, I love you, I do. But you say some stupid things sometimes."

Without catalogs, I would have to make conversation with my family at breakfast time. That's lame.

So I love to peruse catalogs and pick out horrifically bad stuff. This time I actually looked up item numbers on retail sites to bring you actual things I found in my catalogs and my mental first impressions.


To buy this dress, you'd need a severe multiple personality disorder. Like hmm, if only I had a structured DENIM work dress to show that I'm powerful, but then have it bleed fabric to show my softer side. Ah! Perfect!



This is what happens when two trends are combined to go horribly wrong. It's a plaid peasant blouse. I'm sorry, what peasant would be wearing PLAID? I don understand it at all. Plus with the hat too? Why does that model look so smug? YOU'RE IN A CATALOG!


I saw this jacket and laughed. For a few reasons. One, is it 1998 and are you being ostracized by your classmates or something? And two, this makes anyone look like a creepy vampire. And not in the sexy, Twilight vampire way, but in the "I ACTUALLY think I'm a vampire" way. Not cool. ORRR you could be in the Matrix. Whatever. Either way you slice it, long, leather trench coats are weird.


Two words. Fleece. Leopard. Two more words. DON'T. EVER.


I actually don't mind the shape and style of this sweater IN THEORY, I just think it makes you look like your boobs are growing a rose garden. But hey, if that's the look you're going for, then right on, sistah! But don't get mad when someone tries to stuff plant food down your bra.


Can you believe this was in a catalog NOT for Harley mamas? They should have a clause underneath this: Must have rose tattoo on gross place like chest, neck or ankle to wear. Also must enjoy chaps.


And for a special treat, a serious designer don't. My man Alexander McQueen did a runway show with no heel under ten inches. SERIOUSLY. What is with the creepy lobster claw slash weird and oppressive bound food shoe?? I SWEAR ON ALL THAT IS HOLY THAT I WILL LOSE MY FAITH IN FASHION IF THIS COMES IN STYLE. Mark my words guys. The minute Payless starts carrying these I am closing up shop and you can get your fashion tips from someone else. Because I'll be going to THROW MYSELF OFF OF A CLIFF.

So. much. rage.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I saw those shoes on Ellen and thought somebody had lost their mind! Except I think they looked like honeycombs...either way - GAG!

Sheriece said...

Oh come on Jae you know that you love to grow roses on your chest.

And those shoes? WOW.

This is your love from me today. And know that I have received yours - I am laughing my rear end off at this post! Thanks for the workout :)

Anonymous said...

i think the alexander mcqueen shoes are FABULOUS. i would definitely wear them!

Jae said...

Um, choke on your lies. Nobody would wear those shoes.

...seriously though.

NaDell said...

Those shoes look like someone photoshopped them or something! Horrible! Now I'm off to throw away my fleece leopard print sweater....jk. I can keep the zebra one though, right?

NaDell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Come to us whether you need help in writing high school academic essays, college academic essays, undergraduate academic If on the other hand the money supply increases and assuming that the velocity level remains constant then the price level or the quantity demanded will rise, therefore our outcome for the model means that an increase in money supply is inflationally and that an increase in the velocity of money flow will lead to economic development when we can't win, when i mistake the price, i'll be very angryThose are harsher words than usual from the typically good-natured King This could possibly be considered a man determining what we do, and he does it a terrific offer better than anybody An individual might think to begin with he or she must learn Arabic alphabet plus greetings

[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/santonio_holmes_jersey-c-914_1415_1423.html]Santonio Holmes Jersey women[/url]
[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/12th_fan_jersey-c-914_1271_1284.html]12th Fan Jersey women[/url]
[url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/maurkice_pouncey_jersey-c-914_1320_1343.html]Maurkice Pouncey Jersey women[/url]

Anonymous said...

SaseRaisk [url=http://www.androidmobi.net/blog/entry.php/21702-Articles-On-Men-Enjoying-Online-Payday-Loans-No-Credit-Check]Payday Online Loans[/url] Anync Learn More Here storrof http://msgphoto.com/heartkidsproject/forum/topic.php?id=168463 Clearing school and of needs should since or get on the right track until the next payday arrives! And because these are no credit check loans it doesn't you will eventually pay for the house and live rent-free! Working consumers can get a payday credits online insight about your online purchases. http://www.tralemonkey.com/pivot/pivot/entry.php?id=40++++++++++++Result http://www.focal-project.eu/guestbook

Unknown said...

www0817
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
ray ban eyeglasses
ugg boots
moncler uk
oakley sunglasses
nike huarache femme
pandora jewelry outlet
ed hardy uk

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.