What I Wore: Last Christmas

Monday, December 30, 2013

...meaning of course, this is the last Christmas post you'll get out of me. Once I finish this post, I am gutting my house and taking down all the decorations. I can only live in the inside of a FAO Schwarz before it makes me feel a little axe-murdery.

In the meantime, how was your Christmas? Ours was pretttty awesome. Especially because all of my gifts were actually delivered on time, which was nice because last year they didn't come until the 26th and that was a huge fail. The only bummer this year was that my family in Canada was without power for the entire week. I was worried the whole time and didn't get to FaceTime as much as usual because it was a phone battery wasteland. We did get to chat for a while Christmas night so that made up for it.

My husband did awesome this year, but he is a good gifter so I didn't expect anything less. Some of the highlights were definitely a Kindle, a super cool cuff bracelet, this set of Coach rings, a Nintendo 3DS XL (yes I play Mario Kart like it's my job, shut up) and my fave gift, a wedding band for each kid, seen here. Seriously, I feel like when I got engaged and couldn't stop staring at my own hand. My husband is a gem and not just because he gives me jewelry.

I also got some shopping money from my parentals, which went to good use the next day when I went out for dinner/shopping/late-night crepes with my friends. I bought a black-on-black leopard blazer and it's everything to me. 

So now I'm happy and bejeweled and ready to clean my house.


 Cardigan: Charlotte Russe (similar) (plus size and on sale!)
Tank: c/o modbod
Shoes: F21 and I'm sure they were cobbled by the devil himself (similar) (probably buying these) (love and less basic)
Pearls: Aldo (cheap!) (similar) (perfect basic)

This is what I wore the Sunday before Christmas. I only ever drag this sweater out around the holidays because I like that it's festive, but not like, Christmas tree festive. 

I should also point out that between holiday food and having a new IUD installed (sorry brothers) I gained a smooth 5 pounds in December. Yeaaaaaah that's gonna have to stop. Workouts commence on Thursday and I am terrified. 

Also, I felt the need to post this picture, clearly depicting my husband being a dork. He buys me jewelry so I will tolerate this kind of business. It's the secret to our marital bliss and by marital bliss I obviously mean mutual putting up with each other.


OK, cue obnoxious cleaning music! When I was a kid, my mom would make us clean while listening to really old music, like The Mamas and the Papas and The Turtles. I make my kids clean to Britney Spears and B.O.B.

It's a legacy, really.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm glad that you and your family had such a lovely Christmas and shared photos. I'm a photo deadbeat. But fixing that is my New Year's resolution.

Unknown said...

HA! I love the title of your blog! I am a mommy as well! I think we have similar style! I would love if you would follow me back:) I just started my fashion blog!
xoxo
Kendra
http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

Jae said...

Nora, I have better intentions than ever come to fruition when it comes to pictures. I'm the queen of "where's the camera?" and then "I forgot to take pics!"

Thanks for following, Kendra!

Unknown said...

Your hubby did a great job! It's also very nice to see someone else who likes marquis cut :)

As a side note, I found an outfit planning app on the tablet I got for Christmas that is amazing and wanted to pass it along. It's called outfitzy. The hard part is photographing or finding pics of everything, but once it's uploaded it will be your best friend lol

Hope you and your family have w wonderful new year!

Unknown said...

I am new to the blogging world, and love love love your blog...I have read several of your posts about your adorable rugrats running in front of/behind/on top of you during pictures..while taking my "What I Wore" picture this weekend, there were about 14 shots with my dog partially in the shot..his tail, his ear, a blur of fluff as he ran by..Thought I would share since I can now relate!

Unknown said...

LOVE This!! That skirt is adorable
ArganOil

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.