What I Wore: Snow Day

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ola, friends! I'm back from our family vacation in San Diego. It was crazy gorgeous and I ate everything in sight and spent time by the pool and enjoying captive animals at Sea World, but my favorite part was coming home to a foot of snow at my house. No, seriously. We got home at 1 a.m. and just sat stupidly in front of our driveway. We had rented a teeny car that in no way could get over the snow and me and the kids were all wearing flip flops. I sent my husband into the house for boots and we trekked the kids in from the street. That was also when I realized I had shut the heat off when we left. Genius. It was a really fantastic homecoming.

And, because of the snow, I didn't get to wear my new shoes. First world problems, I know. So, I had to retool for the usage of boots.

 Dress: Local (My Sister's Closet)
Scarf: I wanna say H&M...
Tights: Ummm...
Socks: Abercrombie
Boots: Breckelle's
Jacket: Guess
Ring: Local craft fair. 
Earrings: F21

Out came the trusty boot socks, which kept me warm despite the fact that this is totally a summer dress. Whatevs, I walk on the wild side. PS leather jackets look good with anything. I can't stop buying them. 


I'm now in that weird time warp where I'm happy to be home and back in my routine, with the heat cranked up and my computer humming. Don't worry, this honeymoon period will only last for a day, after which I'll be back to grumbling about everything and wishing I was back on vacation.

But for now, I'm ignoring the fact that there's no food in the house and a pile of laundry and messing around on the Internet instead. Classic Jae!

Also, I wanted to give you a head's up on the Fossil contest -- see below -- and the fact that things are going to get a little Holiday-y around here. I'm trying my best to hold it off and I've done everything I can to hide my Christmas fund where I can't get to it until next week, but we can talk about holiday clothes for Thanksgiving, right? Please? Please tell me I can or I might explode.

3 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

HOLIDAY CLOTHES FOR THANKSGIVING, YES, PLEASE!!!!

So excited. We're going out of town to see my parents. It's gonna be epic!

Jae said...

Bahhh excitement everywhere! Thank you for making it OK for me to talk about sparkles, Nora.

Anonymous said...

I'm checking out a *supposedly* Canadian dessert called "Maple Sugar Pie." Made me think of you. My next thought was, "Oh, honey, NO!" And by that I meant, "Oh, honey YES!"

My pancreas just gave up in disgust.

--Nora

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.