Freaky Friday

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello friends! It's time for more Freaky Friday! A reader alerted me to some bad fashion on one site, and I ended up pulling all of these items from the clearance section. Oh clearance section, how you bring me subsequent joy and shame!





So I actually own this necklace, so it's not part of Freaky Friday. But I wanted to show you how much I really enjoy "bib" necklaces.


...But the really needn't be ACTUAL bibs, k? I know it would be helpful while eating lobster in a chic way, but you'd just get butter all over the beading. Embarrassing.


Remember when we talked about being too literal? Aye, aye, Jae!


My dad actually owned a pair of these shorts in the 70s I believe. I feel like you have to know my dad to appreciate this. He's a biker with a heart of gold. He also used have a beard of gold, which I think is what really made the short acid wash cut offs WORK.


Now this is an overshare. How this poor model doesn't just feel naked and all exposed is beyond me. Here's another rule of thumb for you! If you have to have a Brazilian in order to wear the outfit, it's too short.


I love me some python, but this is horrifying.


YES! This whole outfit just works. AND it hides your adult diaper just so.


Oh, please, more rompers! I especially like this one that a reader sent in. I enjoy how it reminds me of an old-timey jailbird being chased down by hound dogs.

Well ladyfriends, enjoy your weekend. It's going to be rainy here so you might just find me seeing Prince of Persia again because I love Jake Gyllenhaal's hot body and clever one liners.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog for awhile, I am wondering how you are able to go shopping so much and go see movies. Where are your kids? Do you take them with you? I hope so.

Jae said...

Lol Anonymous. Nope. I just leave them outside the store, sadly staring through the window at their detached mommy. I put out a hat in front though, so sometimes strangers throw money at them and I use it to buy me things.

Moms said...

Ah, the romper.

I picked up one of these ungodly things thinking it was a maxi dress (and I thought of you!)

First, they're just wrong. But for me, a curvy big girl, it's super wrong. I wish I hadn't been laughing too hard to take a picture. ALMOST bought it for a halloween costume though.

Oh, and my two kids were with me. Booyah.

Justin said...

Wow Anonymous. Questioning motherhood is a reason to fight. Next time you are in a condescending mood and decide to comment, post your real name so we all know who you are.

Jae said...

Hahaha... Justin is going to lay the verbal smack down.

Moms, next time take a photo. I get the stink eye from the sales associates but it is SO WORTH IT. And I like to think it makes them realize how terrible rompers are.

autumn said...

i overheard a couple girls talking at my gym (at the university) about girl #1's romper, "i've had this since middle school!" and you're proud of that...?

Anonymous said...

That last one reminds me of this cute little romper that my son wore when he was like 6 months. It was blue and white stripes and had a hood and buttons in the front and everything! SO MUCH cuter on him! :P Also, when I go shopping and to the movies I like to leave my son (11 mo) in a basket at the church and pick him up when I'm done. ;)

Angela S said...

WOW Anonymous! Reminds me of some old school marm pointing the finger at you. I go out all the time, sometimes with kids and sometimes without...who said you can't have kids and a life?? So judgemental...
Oh, and Jae by the way, I have one of those bib necklaces (not the baby looking bib). So at first I saw it in your freaky friday post and died a little inside (until I read that you have one too) I just don't think I could bare the shame of wearing something that is featured on a freaky friday post, HAHAHA!!!

Ashley Smith said...

ooo lurkers gotta love them. loved the post and LOVE that movie. lol.

John said...

ugg boots outlet
kate spade outlet
kd 8 shoes
fitflops sale clearance
cheap ray ban sunglasses
jordans
canada goose pas cher
mcm outlet online
burberry outlet online
toms outlet store
20161203yuanyuan

Unknown said...

click to find out more bags replica ysl find out here now Ysl replica bags webpage gucci replica

Anonymous said...

Related Site explanation read review see this here browse around here hop over to this site

nydu said...

click www.dolabuy.su use this link Dolabuy Prada her response Chloe Dolabuy

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.