Putting it Together - Everyday Jeans

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

K, so we've talked about jeans and we've talked about must haves for your wardrobes. Now it is go time. Lets put some of these outfits together so you can see what I mean when I talk about having the right outfits for the right occasions, right down to the handbag and shoes. I'm going to break it into a few posts because it'll be kind of picture heavy and lets face it, then I get a bunch of posts out of this topic.
Anyway, here's the formula for the Everyday Jeans.
Everyday Jeans + non-boring but casual shirt + cute flats + everyday purse = non-mommy goodness. Observe.


How adorable is this shirt?? Its super interesting but still is easy to chuck on and look insta-ready, and it floats away from the body, keeping is super flattering. I actually might need to purchase this one. Come onnnnnn tax refund - I need my spring shopping fix! (Forever21)

Of course, the jeans. These are Sevens, and they are fantastic.


K, how much do I love these flats? Of course I love a black and white outfit with a little red, but you can totally do a black flat or whatever else you want. I think a yellow one would also be freakin' adorable.

Love this for an everyday bag. What makes it good for everyday? Couple things. 1) Its size. I like a bad that is at least 13" wide to haul all mine, my daughter's and my sons crap around in and 2) the neutral colors that will match anything and 3) The shape. Not too formal, totally casual. I say have a bunch of everyday bags. Remember when we talked about just having a clutch with your important stuff in that you can just transfer from bag to bag? Do it! (ShopSueyBoutique.com)


I love the idea of tying in the shoes with something un-obvious like a belt. You'll just get little peeks of it here and there and its less "HEY! I MATCH MY SHOES-ish" than doing a big necklace or something, you know?

Now how easy was that? I never ever want to hear that you don't have time to look cute. This is literally five things to put on. If you don't have that much time. you should probably just stay at home anyway.

7 comments:

Marcy said...

I thought of you last night :)

I found a killer pair of date night jeans (ever heard of Salt? I hadn't) that fit so good and are to be worn with higher heels/wedges. I found them at a discount store for $4o! I was so very happy, it was like Christmas morning! lol

And I'm so going to Forever 21 to buy that shirt tomorrow. Piano lesson money should be going to something else, but I can't resist the shirts cuteness, so thanks!

Lisa B said...

I may have missed it, but where did you find those shoes? I love them!

Jae said...

Marcy - piano money... pshhh. New clothes are too fun to pass up.

Lisa - Those flats are over at Piperlime... you know the Gap shoe store?

Diario de PoesĂ­a said...

I like your tips! Those flats are incredible! I was one of those that used to match necklaces and shoes. As a matter of fact, matching is my very problem so I'll stick to your tips and see. I guess I'll improve! :-)

I'm from Buenos Aires, so I speak Spanish. I can't figure out what seven jeans are. Could you help me with that?

Thanks!

Congrats for your blog. I really like it!

Evjf said...

Jolie blog.
Lena

enterrement de vie de célibataire said...

Cette ceinture est magnifique.
Lilou

Jenifer said...

I have discovered jean joy--yes, it's a real term! Anne Taylor Loft curvy bootcut...i die! Love the fit, love the feel, love the COLOR (yes, I'm yelling! I'm excited!). And they have sizes up to 18 for those of us who are plus sized gals who still like to rock a good look that doesn't say "I'm trying to squeeze into my skinny friend's clothes because big girls shouldn't wear giant floral prints and horizontal stripes--but that seems to be what's available for us."

Rant concluded--but you gotta check out these jeans!

Jen

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.