Answer to a Question

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So the question arose today (from Mel... thanks Mel!) Of what to wear this fall.

Can I just preface this by saying I LOVE FALL! I am not a summer person, I'm from Canada for pete's sake. You know? The Great White North? I live for snowy days and warm blankets. Good thing I moved to the desert eh?

Anyhow, I love going into my closet and yanking out all my lovely sweaters, and wearing my jeans! And boots! Ugh, now I am just wishing for fall. Luckily, in the fashion world, fall is already upon us, and there is an abundance of sweet stuff out there. I am going to say, if you are going to reinvent your mommy wardrobe, NOW is the time. Tons of good designer previews and you can totally experiment with layers and jackets and all the fun stuff. Then, next summer you shall emerge as a beautiful butterfly, fully knowing what looks good on you.

So, for Mel, here are some awesome things for fall.

The first thing I love about fall clothes are the textures! I love a good menswear gone feminine outfit, and fall lends itself to these awesome fabrics and patterns without looking too stiff.

Argyle sweater - New York and Company


Plaid sweater - Juicy


Oh boo, this is fuzzy. But houndstooth!! I love houndstooth! Here is a picture of me wearing it, whilst biting my arm (I have what my family affectionately calls manatee arms, which will be the first to go in the event of starvation and subsequent cannibalism. They love me.)

Photobucket


Plaid dress. MUST HAVE IT. Why? Why oh fashion gods did you release this when I am pregnant? Cruel. Nordstrom

I am leaving my husband and marrying this Anthropologie sweater like, now. Don't you just want to crawl into it?

Then, on the flip side, I love really vivid, saturated jewel toned colors this season too. Especially if you have darker skin and hair, these will look amazing. When I say saturated, I mean nothing light or worn in anyway. Pristine, pure forms of a color. Think "plum" and "turquoise", even "jade".

Perfect color here. Nordstrom.

Also Nordstrom. Imagine this under my lover/sweater and you get the heavier texture with the newer color and you've pretty much hit a home run.

What shoes to wear? Welllllll you could wear black, but so does everyone else. Jewel tones look SO MUCH richer when worn with a) brown or b) a contrasting jewel tone. For the plum, these boots are gorgeous (Sorry, I love boots for fall because by this time I am itching to dust em off.) With the turquoise, those wine shoes are fantastic. It may seem totally counter intuitive to do a bright color up top with one on the foot, but you have to trust me on this one. Like I am ----- this close to running out and buying it. PLUS! Wine color shoes with that plaid grey dress? Love.

K, I am like having a fall fashion-gasm here, so I'll wrap it up. My eyes are peeled for more awesome fall stuff. I could have a whole post dedicated to fall jackets!!!! Is that sad?

6 comments:

Lisa B said...

I love your new blog, Jae. I check it all the time. One problem though. It makes me want to go shopping!! lol. Put down the credit card, Lisa. :)

Jae said...

Haha Lisa, Justin is like um what are all these charges?? It so bad for me to online window shop like this. It's like offering crack to an addict.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jae,
I love you. I am forming an intervention for my best friend who owns way to many pairs of mom jeans. With you blog, I think we may be successful.
(oh, and that unflattering picture I took of her from behind... yikes!)

Thank you,
Jen

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

OMGosh- LOVE that Anthropologie sweater. Love love love. Too bad I'm too fat to look cute in it right now! I just heard Anthropologie is coming to Boise...YAY!

Anonymous said...

Nice collection..! Well, Nordstrom is really the best store to get latest designed dresses and fashion accessories.

Emmi said...


Very informative blog i found this very help full to get information.
work trousers

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.